actinic.css bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actinic.css bug?

I've been making some changes to actinic.css but they are not showing when I go to add a style to some text.

Searched the forum and found a message from back in October last year that I had posted saying the same thing

Jont kindly told me back then that there was an ad-hoc bug in that sometimes you needed to delete the .css in the Preview directory, then do an offline preview in actinic to refresh. (message http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=33855)

This still seems to be the case - however as I am making quite a few changes and wanting to see what they look like before making more - this is this morning becoming a real pain.

Is there anyway round this - am using Business Multisite V8.5.3

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

I've come across this also.

The simplest way is to include your own css file in addition to the actinic.css file.
    Just declare it in your outer layouts in the same as way as the actinic.css file (just below it) and then you can override/add your own css without having to mess around with the actinic.css file.

Otherwise just get rid of the actinic.css file altogether and replace it with your own.

Comment

not had a problem at all with CSS in v8. Only thing I have to do to see the changes is select another page on the content tree and go back to the page I was looking at to force a refresh of the preview.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
        get rid of the actinic.css file altogether and replace it with your own.
        I comment the actinic.css out and work with an external stylesheet whilst designing and then when complete copy back into the actinic.css and point to this file... this makes editing quicker in Notepad, overcomes the PreviewHTML bug when editing and then placing back under actinic.css makes it easier to maintain when handed over.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X