Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

google analytics

Hi

We have google analytics running on an actinic shop of a customers. The only thing that is not being tracked is the e-commerce part that tells us the amount spent etc...

I didn't set this site up initially so im not sure how it was originally set up but im assuming we need to add some code onto the receipt template. I have found this link which explain what to do - http://www.google.com/support/google...k&answer=55528 - but i am not sure how to go about doing this within actinic.

Has anyone been in a similar situation to this?

Thanks

There is a walk through here http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30141

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

great, thanks for this.

just out of interest, what would people recommend doing? just adding in the bits to the receipt page or start from scratch adding in the analytics?

Thanks

Comment

Upgrade to V9 and it's done for you is the easiest IMO. Otherwise start again and go through each step checking it all.

Comment

Depends on how much info you need. Adding to the main pages will show trends in purchasing, drop outs etc which is probably of more use to the web owner.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            Upgrade to V9
            You should be on commission

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
              You should be on commission
              I agree .

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                I agree .
                Damn. That's £10.79 I owe you.

Bikster

Comment

sorted now i think

I think what had been dropped in before was the same as the above guide however because the receipt page had changed, there was some code missing and it wasnt logging the conversions which makes sense.

will keep my eye on it over the next day or so and see what happens.

thanks for your help

Comment

ok, after leaving it for a few days i have checked the analytics and i wish the figures it was generating were correct

It is saying that there has been over £13,000 worth of sales where as it has been more like £1000 according to the customer.

I have looked in the transactions tab and there is an "undefined" order which totals around £12,000, all the others have actual order numbers on them. Could these be generated somewhere else? has anyone else come across this before?

Thanks

Martin

Comment

anyone?

Comment

the website address is http://www.allsafe.org.uk/acatalog/ if some hawk eyed actinic guru can spot something

They are still getting lots of annonymous sales

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X