Drop-shipping system - please advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop-shipping system - please advise

We have an online store that uses drop-shipping to send goods from our suppliers based in the US to our customers based in the UK and Europe. We are starting to get a consistently large quantity of orders through and we need a more automated system to send the order requests to our US suppliers.

At the moment we're retrieving the orders in Actinic, selecting the latest batch from the orders list and clicking "ReExport to files". We are then manually opening the .XLS files in Excel and copying and pasting various parts of each order from various files, into the main spreadsheet file to send to our supplier. This file contains the order number, SKU, supplier price ($), short product description(s) and quantities, date, customer name, customer address & customer e-mail.

This takes far too long to do on a daily basis, especially with increasing numbers of sales. What I'd like to do is implement an automated system which automatically exports our Actinic orders, either in realtime or on a daily basis, to a database linked to a secure web server that can be accessed by our team and our suppliers via a login and password. The site will display a clear list of transactions with all the data we require.

In this way our suppliers can access the transactions instantly and invoice us straight away. It cuts out the time consuming copy and paste jobs in Excel and prevents human error. If possible I'd also like an export facility on the site that can export transactions to a CSV or XLS file, rather like with online banking. It would also be good to have extra fields so the supplier could tick a box for shipped, backorder etc. and perhaps enter tracking details in a text field for everyone's reference.

I know there are a lot of specifics here, but the system must do all these things. I'd like some advice about which combination of plugin(s) I can use for Actinic to be able to do this. I know it is technically possible, and I know there are some good plugins out there by Mole End, Codepath etc. If plugins would still require a lot of extra work, could someone code this for me? We need it pretty quick and are willing to pay if the price is reasonable.

Matt

We used to do with using Mole Ends one stop order processing module.

We prefixed all product references with supplier IDs so we could identify orders.

Thus we were able to send one email per day to each supplier listing their orders.

Comment

Thanks Jo, I'll have a look. Any ideas with regard to displaying the transactions on a server to be accessed through a web browser?

Perhaps combining the Mole End one stop order processing with perhaps the Codepath Drop Shipping plugin?

Matt

Comment

i wouldn't have thought you needed both.

Why not contact codepath to discuss your drop ship requirement?

as for access through browser - contact gabe

Comment

I do a similar thing with drop shippers but use one of the inbuilt Actinic Reports (Reprint Invoices) that I do not require... I then modified the report in Crystal to only show the delivery address and the order (removing payment details and other bumf not required) ... I then send the report to print to a PDF printer (you can get free drivers off the internet) and this then creates a PDF file which I email to my direct suppliers ... they use this as the order and print to include as a packing list.

It would not take much additional effort to link your cost price data source and have this populate the products with your purchase price instead.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I have done something similar with a modified packing list report for a client.
            I modified it to include an additional front page which was the order to the dropship company, this contained the cost prices which had been populated in the product report description field. The Mole End add in downloaded the orders, printed the packing list report to pdf and emailed it directly to the dropship company who then kept the front page as their order and used the following packing list pages to include with the delivery.

Completely hands off.

Comment

Working...
            X