Tick box instead of radio button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick box instead of radio button

Its a while since I was here! Greetings all...
    V8.5.2 HMVA
    I have searched the Forum & cannot believe that this Q has not been raised before.

I need to add about 6 optional choices, each option at a different value to be added to the product base price. More than one option to be able to be selected.

I would like to use Tick Boxes instead of radio buttons.

Simple question - Is the answer simple too?
    www.yandles.co.uk
    www.websilk.co.uk
    Today is the tomorrow that I worried about yesterday.
    So far, all is well. Am I still worried? YES! Watch some b.....d mess it up!

Radio's imply only one choice, tick boxes implies multiple choices.

If you need more than one choice you need to set different component for each and not set as Actinic "choices"

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

How is the photography going? Been anywhere exotic lately?

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
        Radio's imply only one choice, tick boxes implies multiple choices.
        If you need more than one choice you need to set different component for each and not set as Actinic "choices"

Hi Jonty, good to talk again...
        Noted & that is what I have done but I cannot find anywhere/anyway of invoking a tick box instead a radio button... I have fiddled with it for some conciderable time before resorting to searching AUG, online FAQ hed now here...

What I did for EACH option was set up a component, give it an Atribute and then a single choice, but can't figure out how to make it a Tick Box selection

I know I must be doing something wrong somewhere!

Edit: Yeah I've been on my travels again: France, Germany, Italy, Singapore,Australia... loads of pics but no time to do much with them...
        www.yandles.co.uk
        www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

A component with no attributes or choices gives the tick box ... you have taken it beyond the single option and forced the radio button even though you only have the one choice ... all you need is the "green cog" and that will give the tick box you need.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Gray View Post
            loads of pics but no time to do much with them...
            Same here - just sat as RAW files awaiting a spare couple of hours ... which I never seem to be able to find

Bikster

Comment

A component with no attributes or choices gives the tick box ... you have taken it beyond the single option and forced the radio button even though you only have the one choice ... all you need is the "green cog" and that will give the tick box you need.
              Thanks Jonty

Your earlier post gave me the clue & I discovered most of my error and just done as you suggested ....However....

...having entered the optional accessory price (ex vat) in the component, I cannot get it to show alongside the tick box 'component name'. Infact, I cannot get the component price to show at all unles I addit manually to the component name.

I have 'Is Optional selected', selected every combination component layout tab...

How do I get the price to show?

(I shouldn't admit it but I cant be too bothered with RAW! Not enough hours in the day for that!)
              www.yandles.co.uk
              www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

add it manually to the component name.
                Thats is what you need to do it is far from ideal and there has been talk of it being resolved.

Bikster

Comment

I shouldn't admit it but I cant be too bothered with RAW!
                  I tend to shoot in RAW and JPEG for quick viewing... what you can do to a RAW file is truly amazing to salvage or completely change the whole feel of an image... my avatar was shot in RAW and came out a dirty grey as under exposed (white background) but managed to bring it back.

Bikster

Comment

Thats is what you need to do it is far from ideal and there has been talk of it being resolved.
                    Well ...that has saved me a heap of time trying to get it to show!

Thanks a million Jonty...

(I know the advantages of RAW & have used it but to be honest, I can't be fluffed with it ALL the time hence JPG in max quality - It will do until I retire from retirement and get some time! )
                    www.yandles.co.uk
                    www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X