Link VAT codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link VAT codes

Having a spot of bother with Link from Actinic to Sage.

Initially I had Business set to advanced tax, but for some reason Link does not include 17.5% in the drop down box. I get:
    Zero-Rated
    Exempt
    Custom
    Pro-Rata

but no 17.5%
    Support had two reponses, reload the program and then bugger off and read the manual. Helpful.

Righto I thought, I'll just run with simple tax and set the 17.5% as taxable. Not ideal but I figured it would work.
    Only Link now bitches that I have Business set to Advanced (which I changed). The order it bombs out on is an old one which is done dusted and deleted and purged.

Not withstanding the mystery missing 17.5%, why would Link be trying to export a deleted and purged order. Obviously I don't want to export completed orders at all.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

As the 'help' file states:

Tax 1 Rate
    Either select a tax status from the drop-down (e.g. 'Exempt', 'Zero Rated') or else type a tax rate into the field (e.g. '17.5').

Only Link now bitches that I have Business set to Advanced (which I changed). The order it bombs out on is an old one which is done dusted and deleted and purged.
    This is because when the order was created you were using Advanced Tax. Any order created while using simple tax will work fine.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

OK, thanks.
      This leaves a coupla queries outstanding.
      Why does Advanced not have an option for 17.5% as per the help file? Purely academic as I can get by with simple.

How can I get past this problem with link bombing out on an order which was created back when I had the system set to Advanced?
      As I say it is completed, deleted and purged.
      I can't get to the orders created with Simple because the export quits out as soon as it finds the (deleted!) Advanced order.

Comment

Why does Advanced not have an option for 17.5% as per the help file?
        VAT rates can change so this field is left for you to type in rather than us having to create a new build if it does.

How can I get past this problem with link bombing out on an order which was created back when I had the system set to Advanced?
        As I say it is completed, deleted and purged.
        Sorry, I hadn't read this correctly before. If the order is purged from the database then it shouldn't be there to be transferred. How do you know it is this order that it is 'bombing out' on? Have you tried to just export the orders that are new (ie highlight those orders in the orders tab and right-click on them and select 're-export to files')?
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks again.
          Things are starting to make a little bit of sense to me now.

Comment

Working...
          X