Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bandwidth

Hi,

I been noticing an increase in my bandwidth recently. In Feb I was using 85 Mb a day (2.5 Gb a month) now I'm upto 130 Mb (4.5 gb a month). I get about 6000 - 7000 visits a month. I do update my website 2-3 a day to reflect the constant changes in my stock levels.
    However this should only be files that have changed, shouldn't it? is there anyway that it could be upload ALL files instead of just the changes? Or can anyone else explain the huge bandwidth I using?

Matt
    Matthew Wildeman
    www.bigmatts.com
    2XL to 8XL Menswear

I notice you have bestsellers on each page, are these set to change on every upload? if so then actinic will upload every page.

Have a look at your webstats to see if these shed anylight, maybe you've simply got more visitors?

Comment

Best sellers

Hi Best sellers are set to upload ever 7 days.
      Site visits have increased but not double like my bandwidth has.

New products were set to upload every time however. I have now changed this to every 7 days. That might have been causing some problems.

Matt
      Matthew Wildeman
      www.bigmatts.com
      2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

There is a work around in the knowledge base to take the best sellers and new arrivals out of the upload equation.

Also worth checking what the search engines are doing on your site. When you get found and they start visiting "fully" you can see a huge hike in the bandwidth they consume.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Still huge uploads

Hi,

I'm returning to this again.

I've just done an upload after amending some details of my website. I simply changed the stock availability of two items and the uplaoded to the web site.

Looking at the upload i.e. looking at the Check and Send files popup I noticed that every Extended Info page for every product is uploading! Why? It should have only been the two products I amended surely?

I'm using the info page as the "main page" ie. following the AUG making the front page a small thumbnail of the product then the Extended Info page as a more detailed version. Extended Info is set to open in same window.
          I have best sellers to upload every 14 days, and New Items to upload every 7 days.

If it really is uploading every info page evertime I change anything that would explain the huge bandwidth I'm now using.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be happening.
          Matthew Wildeman
          www.bigmatts.com
          2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

Hi,

Looking at the upload i.e. looking at the Check and Send files popup I noticed that every Extended Info page for every product is uploading!
            I can't recreate this. For me it only uploads the pages for the products where the stock has changed.

Did you try it again and noticed the same thing?

I have best sellers to upload every 14 days, and New Items to upload every 7 days
            Could this have been one of those days?

If it really does upload your extended info pages every upload whether you change something on a product or not then I suggest that you contact support to get them to take a look at your snapshot and see if they can investigate the problem further.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hello,

I am having a similar experience - having upgraded from V8 to V9, similar visitors / page hits, bandwidth usage has doubled.

When I upgraded to V8 there was a huge increase - due largely to a javascript file which was being uploaded but not used, so I removed this, and reduced usage significantly - I have double-checked and this has not crept back in to V9.

Best sellers is generated every 10 days, new products turned off.

Any ideas why usage has increased so much?

Thanks,

Rosalyn
              www.guidepost.uk.com

Comment

Has anyone else noticed this increase in bandwidth usage?

Rosalyn
                www.guidepost.uk.com

Comment

Are you getting more visitors? Do you use you images else where? Are other people using your images?

There could be lots of reasons, can you rule any out? Do you have any stats, be it host side or GA?

Army Gore-tex
                  Winter Climbing Mitts
                  webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                  Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Visitors, page views are much the same.

The increase is mostly in outgoing HTTP traffic, and coincides with the switch from V8 to V9.

How would I check if anyone else was using my images?

Thanks,

Rosalyn
                    www.guidepost.uk.com

Comment

Can you isolate any particular pages, or is it site wide?

Army Gore-tex
                      Winter Climbing Mitts
                      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Working...
                      X