Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout Hijack to ASP.NET

Hi there,

We are in the process of building a custom checkout process for an online store generated with Actinic v9. The built-in checkout process does not allow us to do what we want and therefore we have opted to build our own.

I have fished around in the Perl scripts and managed to find a way to get the session ID number, so have written a small Perl script to get this number and pass it into an ASP.NET page through the query string (our client's preferred platform). This allows the ASP.NET page to open up the <session ID>.session file and get the contents of the shopping cart... so far so good!

Unfortunately, the shopping cart does not contain the price information, and my limited Perl knowledge means I have not been able to figure out how to extract this information using the Actinic functions. As a fall-back position I have written a parser for the A000X.cat files and can extract the price field from those files, but this is obviously not ideal: it does not cater for any discount or tax processing that has already been configured in Actinic.

Ideally what I'm looking for is a small Perl script that can use the Actinic standard functions to output an XML file detailing the contents of the shopping cart for a specific session ID along with the price and tax information... similar to the existing "view cart" page but in a format that is easily machine-processed... Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to get hold of this information, or if you have any other bright ideas how else I can get this information into my ASP.NET checkout site they would be more than welcome.

Thanks for your time.

I would have thought all the tax, discount, etc information would also be held in the cat files (or something very similar). So if you're already parsing these then you're probably only one step away from finishing.

You could try contacting actinic directly and see if they can pass the file location, structure and formatting on to you.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X