Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT Question

Hi,

I have a quick question regards VAT and/or the lack of it. I'm using 8.5.1.

Can I show the price of our products inc VAT and then have that VAT deducted in the shoping cart for anyone not liable for it (ie ouside the UK)?

We only want to show the price including VAT as most of our customer are UK based and highly unlikely to be claiming back the VAT. But we do get some orders from other countries.

However I am obviously doing something wrong as the VAT is not deducted in the shopping cart for worldwide orders. Have I missed the point somewhere, is this even possible?

Sorry if I'm being a total noob - I'm a web designer Jim not an accountant! :-)

Thanks in advance.
    Dave

The software by default will display tax inclusive price on the product page, provided the correct tax inc. layout is used, and within the cart pages it will separate the tax and display the ex-tax price.

The price field within the software expects the price to be entered ex-tax, so that it can calculate it. This means that provided the tax module is set correctly when a customer enters their country on the site, the software can add or remove the tax as appropriate.

The issue is that the country choice is given at the beginning of the checkout, not at the ordering stage so the tax will be displayed within the cart until this point. It is however possible to get this information at the 'add to cart' confirmation page, by ticking 'Request Location Information Early' then the country will be requested as soon as the add to cart button is pressed.

PLEASE NOTE: This will only work if 'Quantity on Confirmation Page' is selected for ALL sections.

Comment

Working...
    X