Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free delivery Coupon

Can somebody shed some light on the following (if its even possible):

At present we charge £5.50 for delivery on orders below £100, and free delivery on orders over £100.

We want to send a promotional email which will contain a coupon code which they can enter to get free delivery for one day only.

I've got it to the point where £5.50 is taken off of the order when the code is entered and I've also set it to only work on a certain day, but obviously the way it works is that it discounts the order by £5.50 whether the order is below or above the £100 mark.

Is there a way round this at all?

I have been told that this isn't possible, but I wanted to check before we ditch the idea that anyone else might have a suggestion.

Cheers

Not possible unless using % based shipping AKAIK.

Comment

Hi Lee,

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      Not possible unless using % based shipping AKAIK.
      Could you elaborate on this please. If need be I'll change the site. I've had a look at the users guide, but there isn't enough info regarding this. As mentioned before, the customer gets charged £5.50 for all orders under £100 and free above £100 regardles of size/weight etc at present.

Comment

With the way you calculate shipping costs, it is not an option .

Comment

Hmm actually bear with me, just had a thought.

Comment

Nope sorry, your delivery costs below £100 would need to be % based and thus could not be fixed at £5.50, for instance a £75 order would only get charged £4.13.

Comment

OK not given up yet, why can £100 not be the trigger for the discount? Can you provide details of what you have setup?

Comment

I presume you mean the coupon code.

If so:

Marketing >> Discounts >> Order Level

Description: Free Delivery
                General: Properties
                Enabled based On: Cart Value Excluding Tax
                Type: Amount

Requires Coupon Code: Ticked

Triggers: Cart Value £5.50 Amount: £5.50

If you mean shipping calculation:

Shipping Charges Made: Ticked

By Zone and Class

Zone/Class Configuation:

UK Postage >> UK

Basis: Value

Order cost:

Upto Value £0.02 Cost £0.00
                Upto Value £0.03 Cost £5.50

Global Fre Over: Ticked £100.00

Hope thats enough info.

Comment

You have it set to trigger at £5.50, surely the trigger is at £100 (£85.10) if i have read things correctly?

Comment

But would that not then trigger a discount of £5.50 at £100, so in affect even though the customer is already getting free delivery they will also get another £5.50 off of there order?

Remember, what were trying to acheive is to give all order of £100 and under free delivery when the coupon code is entered.

If the coupon code isn't entered, then they will still be charged £5.50 for delivery.

However, for all customers, if they spend more than £100 then they will get free delivery regardless if they enter the coupon code or not, but if they do enter the coupon code then nothing will happen in the checkout (to prevent a further £5.50 charge being taken off of the total).

The free delivery over £100 is excluding vat and delivery.

Comment

Good point, i should have given up earlier when i thought it was impossible to get a perfect solution. I guess you'd have to counteract that by putting in a charge for the over £100 deliveries for the day. Clunky whatever you do, just give everyone a 5% discount for the day and be generous .

Comment

I had that idea as well, give a 5% discount instead.

Does seem a lot easier to me.

Thanks for your help Lee, and unless someone else can come up with something then it'll be 5% discount.

Comment

I can't think of a great solution someone else might, think the 5% is your simplest and best bet - sorry for getting your hopes up . Maybe an area actinic need to look at, a free delivery coupon is a good promotion, i see NEXT have done just that today. A free delivery discount fired by order value, should be possible.

Comment

Ok, I think we've solved it.

When they enter there coupon code they will get £5.50 off of there order, so in affect if there order comes to less than £100 they get free delivery, if there order come to more than £100 then they get a discount off of there order.

Win Win situation, and the best were going to do I think.

Comment

Working...
                            X