BUGLET: Background Image Reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUGLET: Background Image Reference

When I reference a background image using the 'browse' facility in site options, it puts in Images\site-background.jpg as the entry. This does not work though in preview, however if i manually change the slash to a forward one, rather than a backward one, it then works in preview. Both the forward and the backward slash work online, its just offputting in the preview as you don't think it has worked.

How on earth did you find that one? I had you down as having the images laser etched into the actinic.css

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

My first venture into V9 Jonty, finished a site in 8.5.2 on Friday and today found out that she has bought V9 not V8. So i upgraded the site and i noticed my gradient background wasn't working, spent half hour checking my CSS to see if actinic had broken anything and the backslash just stood out after half hour trying to debug. So i tried it and lo and behold, that was the only problem.

The image is entrenched in the actinic CSS, that's the point the standard method provided to do this, doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
        My first venture into V9 Jonty
        Welcome to the darker side of insanity... this is the beginning of the end of the lovable Lee we all know.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
          this is the beginning of the end of the lovable Lee we all know.
          Be careful your tongue will leave a bump in your cheek.
          I'm in and out and back to 8.5.2 for the time being, might join you in the bunker.

Comment

The Bunker is great ... all the bugs are known by name and personal friends ... no point playing with different ones is there

Bikster

Comment

LOL, for the first time we appear to 100% agree on something bruv, **big hugs**.

Comment

A truly momentous moment - first and last mind but momentous all the same

Bikster

Comment

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around...
                  JPY

Comment

Cheers for reporting this issue Lee. I've passed it on to the development team.

Comment

Thanks - I couldn't get the background image to show and I changed the slash as you suggested and now it works.
                      lizjamieson.co.uk

Comment

I too have found the same problem 12 months on from the "I've passed it on to the development team" comment above. It's obviously very low priority.
                        See thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=42454
                        Is it DOS or is it HTML?

Comment

Working...
                        X