Problem with importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with importing

I have recently developed a problem with importing.
    I am using a csv spreadsheet with just 3 columns in order to update short descriptions and prices. Column headings are Product Reference, Short Description,Price. Ever time i try to import it fails. The error message I keep getting is .... Line 2: Incompatible information in field 2 ("Price"). Expected Unknown, but got "2124". If i import the same file into the standard out of the box actinic website it works fine so it can't be the spread sheet. Has anyone encountered this problem or does anyone know how i can fix it please.
    Paul Brebner
    www.e-Hardware.co.uk

Do you autogenerate product references, the default store does, shouldn't make a difference but you never know do you.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

can you post one line of the sheet please
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Hi Jan
        No i'm not auto generating references
        Paul Brebner
        www.e-Hardware.co.uk

Comment

Product Reference Short Description Price
          S10SPC Sapphire Square 1 Gang 250W Push Dimmer Two Way Polished Chrome 2124
          Paul Brebner
          www.e-Hardware.co.uk

Comment

Try it on a default site that also doesn't autogenerate product refs then, see if it then fails on there, if it does then there is something wrong with your product references.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I have already tried it on a default site and it all imported fine.
              Paul Brebner
              www.e-Hardware.co.uk

Comment

That was my point, the default site autogenerates product references, take a default site, switch off the autogeneration of product references and see if the file still imports.

Regards,

Comment

Sorry yes that is what I did I turned off the outo generation on the default site and it imported fine. I then imported a snapshot of my site over the default site and I end up with the same problem. I did this to ensure that it was not my spreadsheet that was at fault. So it would appear to be the configuration on my site !
                  Paul Brebner
                  www.e-Hardware.co.uk

Comment

That's odd. Might be one for support this.

Regards,

Comment

Just a wild stab in the dark Paul. Have you got any hidden cells/data?

Try copying the visible data into a new spreadsheet and import that.

Just to confirm you are importing a flat file not a hierachy file?
                      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Update

Actinic tech support are currently looking into this problem I will update this thread when I get the problem resolved.
                        Paul Brebner
                        www.e-Hardware.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X