Actinet with Actinic v9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinet with Actinic v9

I've been looking at Actinet (http://www.interact-studio.co.uk) to use for our ordering system to link to Actinic v9. The idea is to host an HTTP server from our location, which can be logged into by our suppliers (we drop-ship all orders from the US). The suppliers can then view and modify order data on a dynamic basis, as we use Mole End's automation plugin to retrieve orders every 5-10 minutes.

However, Actinet seems to be more limited than I anticipated. One of the big features I expected was to be able to customise fields on the web-based system, rather like in Mole End's one stop ordering system, so that we can display (for example) cost price and perhaps even custom fields. This is vital so our suppliers can see how much to invoice us.

I was also hoping that perhaps there would be an export function to .csv or similar, so our suppliers can grab the raw data for their own records from the Actinet system.

The other major requirement is for our suppliers to be able to enter tracking information to be displayed on the system. Would it be possible to set up a separate field, empty at first, that can be filled as orders are fulfilled?

If some or all of these features are possible as part of Actinet or an addon, or if they're in the pipeline, could somebody please let me know.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt

Have you spoken to them about this? might be a good place to start

Comment

Although Gabriel does visit here regularly you might also want to raise a support ticket on his website regarding this:
      http://www.interact-studio.co.uk/sup...ndex.php?a=add

Comment

Dear disgruntled user:

Though this isnt the place to complain about this (Actinic have no hand in Actinet I write it all on my own) I'll reply anyhow...

One of the big features I expected
        http://www.interact-studio.co.uk/interact-livedemo.html

This is where the live demo is.
        user: guest
        pass: guest

It'd have been wise to have a peek before jumping in, perhaps? or even an email asking about these features?

The features shown are the features you get sir. no more and no less. Replacing the Actinic interface is a massive undertaking.

export function to .csv
        Interestingly, i'm working on this today. my csv (or xml) output part will be finished in about a month. No mention of this being included was on the site. A 'contact me for a beta test' is posted on this plugins page however.

for our suppliers to be able to enter tracking information
        The login system of Actinet is user centric. Its friendly, but limited to choosing which plugin can be accessed by each user and not individual parts of plugins ona group or user basis. Again, a brief look at the demo would show you.

Next time you have a problem, please contact me first, instead of embarrassing us both on a public forum. Of course, I have no problem at all, with returning your gold coins, should you with find Actinet not required, or not capable.

As you can imagine, I'm pretty miffed myself.

Thanks for the great feedback.

Comment

from Chilled UK's website:

"comprehensive technical expertise and pioneering business forethought"

beware, genius at work
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
            from Chilled UK's website:

"comprehensive technical expertise and pioneering business forethought"

beware, genius at work
            LOL, now that is funny, brilliant. A sure qualifier for RTFM.

Comment

I cant say RTFM, thats just not cricket.

It is however, something that's making me revise the Actinet website, to have people better understand that gadgets and included and what arent.

tbh, we get a lot of questions about it.

I can answer some of the easily here:

Actinet is not a drop in replacement for the Actinic interface, and not for MultiUser either. Its a small subset of the most essential features, designed to help people who:
              ~ need to look at orders away from their Actinic system
              ~ need to edit essential product data away from their system
              ~ need multiple people to view order details, like packing departments.

For products you can edit:
              - Short Description
              - Price
              - Long Description
              - Thumbnail
              - Extra Image
              - Hidden on site (y/n)
              - Exclude for Googlebase (y/n)
              - Can be Ordered Online (y/n)

In sections you can edit:
              - Name
              - Description
              - Hide On Website
              - Exclude from Froogle Data Feed
              - Include in Search
              - Page Name
              - Page Title
              - Meta Description
              - Meta Keywords

In orders you can edit:
              - All Invoice Customer Details
              - All Delivery Customer Details

This list will be placed online too. To remove any doubt for others.

Actinet is very young, and there is only a single coder. Me. Actinic was never designed to have plugins attached, there is no native SDK or API. Everything is very complex when it comes to Actinic's database and making sure Actinic does not trip over and changes we make, and vice versa. Progress is slow, and not becasue i'm incompetent, on unknowledgable, its becasue its a pig to work with sometimes.

Its an Intranet this means that it leverages existing web technology to get the job done. I'm limited to using html/css to display interfaces and data. This isnt the most wonderful interface. its slow when large amounts of data are present, and depends on a fully capable browser.

It's getting smarter all the time, and I'm now starting to integrate extra plugins, like the group task manager. something several of my clients have found very useful indeed. The next plugin, in testing at Skate Asylum, is the data extraction plugin. The most powerful text, csv, spreadsheet and XML output tool ever devised for Actinic shops. I'm confident that it will pwn.

The site will be smartened, and the tools will be tested.

ttfn.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Gabriel, Actinet is a brilliant piece of software and I can see it being developed into a masterpiece; I never once implied that it was or will be limited, just didn't realise how early on in its lifespan it was. Well worth the money and it will come in handy for at least one of our projects in the near future.

Keep up the good work

Matt.

Comment

mr tattysilver:

no problem, and as soon as the csv plugin is shippable, how about some beta testing?

Comment

Working...
                  X