Purging Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purging Orders

I have recently taKen over an established site in Actinic v8.0.4 in which the orders have not been purged for over 12 months. The file is therefore very large. The content has been partially purged but not completely. The site uses stock monitering. I have begun to delete old orders but and receiving warnings on some orders that removal will affect the stock quantities. This is only perhaps 1/3 of the orders and on multipe item orders it appears to be only on one or two items. On checking using a one line order with a hidden nil stock product the nil quantity moves up to 1 when the order is deleted and reverts to zero when the order is undeleted. Any suggestions on what is wrong or what I am doing wrong would be appreciated as I would like to clear my file but don't want to have to have a complete stock take on probably 500 products.

Hi David, welcome to the forum. I've had the same issue- I'm not sure what caused it but I solved it by taking a stock report (Operations/stock levels) before purging and after, and comparing the two. It was a simple matter to manually change the few items that had moved and no further stockcheck was necessary.
    Hope this helps.
    Ben
    http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

There was a bug in this area in earlier versions of 8. In 8.5.3 the stock is only increased if the order was still pending. Deleting completed orders will not affect the stock levels.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
      X