Changing Text Appearance for Attribute Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Text Appearance for Attribute Choices

Hello! I'm sure someone can answer my question. Just bought version 8.5.2 (hmm and 9 came out about a month later!)

Anyway, I am setting up my attribute choices (within the drop down box)and I want the font to be larger than it is. So... I clicked in the HTML box where you type in the choice text and chose a larger font and a bolded font, clicked appy changes and the text looks exactly the same! I uploaded and viewed it online and it looks the same.. no changes were made. Yet the html is there in the HTML box for the choice.

Am I missing something? Do I have to do anything else??

Forgive me if this has already been answered I searched the knowledge base and couldn't find anything for version 8.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Regards!
    Annette

Originally posted by AnnettePB View Post
    Hello! I'm sure someone can answer my question. Just bought version 8.5.2 (hmm and 9 came out about a month later!)
    If you bought a version and a new one came out within a month or so, you used to get a free upgrade, i see no reason why this should have changed, give them a call and ask.

Comment

The html field is a bit of a red herring, the class that styles the choices is '.form_input_general', you can find this in the stylesheet, available from the drop down box on the design tab. Beware it styles other items too such as the quantity box, so you may need to create a second class.

Comment

Thanks. I found the Stylesheet in the drop down box of the Design Tab.
        I also found the .form_input_general... however trying to edit it in the design tab proved fruitless. It won't let me change it. Is there another place I should try and edit the stylesheet?

Also why doesn't the HTML choice box work? It looks as though you should be able to change the attribute choice right from that area.

Annette
        Regards!
        Annette

Comment

The design tab has two panes - the preview pane and the code pane - you can only edit the code pane.

CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets ... the important part being the "cascade" .... certain elements carry more weight (specificity) and over ride locally set code eg the HTML box

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Ah! I see! I didn't have the code pane showing. Ok edit is done and it worked! Thank you both.

So... back to the Content tab.. attribute and then adding a choice to the attribute the HTML Name for the choice... you can choose a font, a size, a color, bold, italic etc... these don't work eh? (at least they weren't working for me) is this a known bug?
            Regards!
            Annette

Comment

You can add HTML into the field but the class wrapping the overall content may override (hence the cascade) ..... find the code mentioned by Lee in the actinic stylesheet copy everything in the block and rename the class eg .formDropDown and then change the size of the font, colour etc there.

In the page type select content and click on the drop down on a product.... look for the existing class form_input_general and replace with formDropDown .. apply and the styling should take effect.

Note in the actinic stylesheet there is a period "." in front of the class but in the HTML this is not used eg class="formDropDown"

HTH

Bikster

Comment

Thanks so much! Worked great! I appreciate your help!
                Regards!
                Annette

Comment

Make sure you cross browser check it Annette, i've seen some pretty ugly looking lists in the past once you try and override the standard look. Line spacing usually a mess IIRC.

Comment

... indeed... the padding around the text and the form box can look a pig if you are not careful under different browsers but is usually easily rectified.

Bikster

Comment

Thanks everyone... worked great!
                      Regards!
                      Annette

Comment

Working...
                      X