Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Seller Snippets

Hi,

I followed the advice given in the "Speed up Performance" about generating the seperate best sellers list so you don't have to upload this everytime.

I followed the instructions in v9 help exactly. However its doesnt work. I just see the "Insert Best Seller" list not the best sellers.

A couple of thoughts

a) do I need to refresh the web site?
    b) right at the end of the instructions is mentions

Note: There is a condition embedded within the 'BestSellersSnippet' layout selector that says 'PageType = "Search"'. This just means the 'bs-snippet.html' file only gets generated by one page in the store – the search page - but it can be included in any page in the store.

I want the best sellers only on the Home Page so I changed the code supplied to

<actinic:variable name="BestSellersSnippet" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Index%22" />
    <a rel="fragment" href="bs-snippet.html">Best Seller List Inserted Here</a>

ie. changed to Index is that right? or is it meant to be Home

any advice helpfull

matt
    Matthew Wildeman
    www.bigmatts.com
    2XL to 8XL Menswear

The variable for just the homepage is

<actinic:variable name="IsBrochureHomePage" />

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Tried that but still no luck.

new code is

<actinic:variable name="BestSellersSnippet" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22 IsBrochureHomePage%22" />
      <a rel="fragment" href="bs-snippet.html">Best Seller List Inserted Here</a>

I've followed the instructions in the help file very carefully (several times in fact) but can't seem to get it too work. I use the "Sidebar best sellers with horizontal dividers" which is a fixed format I believe, but then selected "fixed format" when creating the "page snippet"

Any ideas?
      Matthew Wildeman
      www.bigmatts.com
      2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

Try wrapping your code in a blockif rather than in the middle of the variable (which is very strange) eg:

block is (IsBrochureHomepage)
        Layout code
        /block

that is the concept not the actual code to copy and paste

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X