Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to Show discount prices before cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to Show discount prices before cart?

Hi,

I've created a discount based on a product group and I'd like the discount price to show on the product and section pages instead of (or alongside) the original price but I can't see a way of doing this - can someone help?

Cheers, Ian

www.ShopOfLegends.Co.Uk

you can add a variable that can show the original price. i think that's what you mean
    Jenny
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Hi,

You can use the 'presentation' tab in the discount window to display a message of how the customers can get the discount and what it will be (ie buy any three products from this group to get a 10% discount). Using the [GROUPLINK] variable in the message will create a link that will display the products in the group.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi, thanks for the replys - what I was looking to do was to given a 20% discount on a group of products and then show the discounted price next to the product instead of the discount only being applied at the shopping cart stage, and also wanted to show the original price or discount next to the new discounted price against the product. I've kinda done a bodge in the database now which is obviously not the best way...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_L View Post
          Hi, thanks for the replys - what I was looking to do was to given a 20% discount on a group of products and then show the discounted price next to the product instead of the discount only being applied at the shopping cart stage, and also wanted to show the original price or discount next to the new discounted price against the product. I've kinda done a bodge in the database now which is obviously not the best way...
          I'm trying to do the same thing, id like the Presentation text to be something like "Was [old price inc vat] now [new price inc vat]"

Could someone point me at the right variable names?

Thanks
          Kev

Comment

Through manipulation of another post I now have a working Presentation of:

<strong>This is a test discount of 10% </P>

Was

<actinic:block php="true">echo "£" . number_format((1.175 * [ProductPriceRaw]), 2);</actinic:block>

Now

<actinic:block php="true">echo "£" . number_format((0.90 * 1.175 * [ProductPriceRaw]), 2);</actinic:block>

(Including VAT at 17.5%)

</strong>

Comment

Working...
            X