Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying "from price" when using components

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to display a from price based on the lowest price in the component list of a product so that a price is shown rather than it just being blank when the product price is set to 0?

Hope that makes sense but basically if you look at the "Patent Ball Pourer 2" on this page (http://designtoplease.co.uk/acatalog/Bar.html) and the product info (http://designtoplease.co.uk/acatalog...rer2_info.html) you will notice it does not display the price - this is because I have the product price set as £0 and then one component is £6.50 and the other £12.95. Ideally if possible I would like this product to display "from £6.50".

I could create a new variable called "fromprice" and then use blockifs to display if "fromprice" is not empty however I would prefer if possible to use a method which pulls the price from the component list so that it is automated.

Kind Regards
    Jon
    www.designtoplease.co.uk
    www.getmeoutofahole.com
    www.toys4james.co.uk
    Located in Herts

Add the minumum price to the main product listing instead and for your permutations, just charge the 'extra'. You could even have a variable which you switch on and off when it suits that decides whether 'Price' or 'Prices From' shows.

Comment

Set your product price to the lowest component price but change the method of pricing to 'sum of components pricing' only.
      www.quantumAV.co.uk
      Home Cinema Receivers and Speakers for Audio Visual Entertainment
      Authorised Dealers for Yamaha/ Monitor Audio/ Kef/ Onkyo/ Marantz/ Denon/ and more..

Comment

Originally posted by Quantum View Post
        Set your product price to the lowest component price but change the method of pricing to 'sum of components pricing' only.
        tbh, that's what I do. Along with changing the 'price' prompt, at product level, to say 'Prices from' where required
        Tracey

Comment

Woot 3 people all agree, the sun must be shining.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            Woot 3 people all agree, the sun must be shining.
            well, if I was going to be picky (and I think I will be today ) then I'd have to point out that Andrew's (and mine) method did differ slightly from yours

The principle of all 3, however, is certainly a lot simpler than what the OP seemed to be trying to achieve though.
            Tracey

Comment

Many thanks for your suggestions.

"Add the minumum price to the main product listing instead and for your permutations, just charge the 'extra'.
              I use this method on some products although would if possible would prefer the price shown next to the permutation to be the full price rather than the additional price so as to save the customer having to calculate the price. Would changing the method of pricing to 'sum of components pricing' only resolve that issue?

Regards
              Jon
              www.designtoplease.co.uk
              www.getmeoutofahole.com
              www.toys4james.co.uk
              Located in Herts

Comment

it should do, Jon, yes
                If the display price is coming from the component price then having the FULL price for the component and using 'sum of component' prices, means that it'll ignore any price you use for the product, when calculating.
                Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
                  well, if I was going to be picky (and I think I will be today ) then I'd have to point out that Andrew's (and mine) method did differ slightly from yours
                  Hmm interesting, i read all 3 posts telling the exact same thing, perhaps i was not eloquent enough with my explanation.

Comment

it should do, Jon, yes
                    If the display price is coming from the component price then having the FULL price for the component and using 'sum of component' prices, means that it'll ignore any price you use for the product, when calculating.
                    Cool thanks for that Tracey.

Hmm interesting, i read all 3 posts telling the exact same thing, perhaps i was not eloquent enough with my explanation.
                    Lee I think Tracey may be meaning the fact that you didn't mention about changing the pricing to 'sum of components pricing' only, but I may be wrong.

Regards
                    Jon
                    www.designtoplease.co.uk
                    www.getmeoutofahole.com
                    www.toys4james.co.uk
                    Located in Herts

Comment

Originally posted by Design2Please View Post
                      Lee I think Tracey may be meaning the fact that you didn't mention about changing the pricing to 'sum of components pricing' only, but I may be wrong.

Regards
                      She's a sheila, i'm not even intending to try and understand lol.

Comment

*sigh*

Your response seemed like it was suggesting using the lowest price for the main product and then using the components to make up the extra difference (ie, you'd use 'sum of product and component prices' )

Andrew and I were implying you could also use a 'from' price for the product price but keep the components as the TOTAL prices, using 'sum of component prices' as the pricing model instead.
                        Tracey

Comment

Actually you're right they are different, i don't like that method, i find it as misleading/confusing as not having any price in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                          X