Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A database error occurred while reading the payment method table: Data truncated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A database error occurred while reading the payment method table: Data truncated

Hi,

We currenlty using two machines for our site, 1 for the design and the other for order processing.

Today when we have tried to open actinic on the order processing machine we are getting the following error message:

We have emailed actinic support but I wanted to check if anyone else had seen this issue before and if so if they know how to resolve it.

NB: no changes have been made recently on the order processing machine's verson of actinic although there was an issue with an order downloading last night which may have something to do with it.
    Jon
    www.designtoplease.co.uk
    www.getmeoutofahole.com
    www.toys4james.co.uk
    Located in Herts

Have you tried installing the previous snapshot to see if that resolves? Don't forget to save the actinic database outside of the site folder first so you can then import any new orders received in the interim.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Jont,

thanks fo rthe reply, unfortunately the error message is occuring upon trying to open actinic and so we cannot import a previous snapshot.

However that has made me think that if worse comes to worse then i could save a backup of the actinic database outside the base folder, uninstall actinic from that machine, reinstall actinic, import a snapshot and then reimport the orders - do you know if that is likely to cause any issues?

Regards
      Jon
      www.designtoplease.co.uk
      www.getmeoutofahole.com
      www.toys4james.co.uk
      Located in Herts

Comment

That should be ok but I would copy the entire Site1 folder as a backup first.

Comment

Ok thanks Jont and Duncan.

I will wait to see what actinic support suggest as hopefully they can suggest an easier solution but at least I have another method if not.

Kind regards
          Jon
          www.designtoplease.co.uk
          www.getmeoutofahole.com
          www.toys4james.co.uk
          Located in Herts

Comment

If you have the ACD you can open up in 7 Zip and extract the old .mdb into the site folder and see if that resolves (rename the old one first before extracting so you can import orders or reinstate if it doesn't)... that may be a quick 10 second fix.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks Jont will try that when I get home.

Regards
              Jon
              www.designtoplease.co.uk
              www.getmeoutofahole.com
              www.toys4james.co.uk
              Located in Herts

Comment

Hi all,

Sorry for not replying sooner but just wanted to let you know we did get this fixed in the end.

In case it is of any use this was fixed by replacing the most recent mdb with the backup mdb that gets saved when you exit actinic. Basically renaming the current one, and then naming the backup one the same as the current one was previoulsy.

Regards
                Jon
                www.designtoplease.co.uk
                www.getmeoutofahole.com
                www.toys4james.co.uk
                Located in Herts

Comment

Hi all,

I'm still new to Actinic, so when I encountered a similar database error yesterday that prevented me from even opening Actinic, I panicked a little.

I'd like to say thanks to all the contributors of the useful information on here that enabled me to resolve the issue. I'd never heard of 7-Zip before this afternoon!

Cheers.

PS: my issue was with version 9.

Comment

Working...
                  X