Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trademark Symbol

Hello,
    how do you insert a Symbol into Actinic without copying and pasting it from Word or the like.
    Cheers Beds

Find out the html equivalent and embed that instead.

Comment

i think its:

HTML Code:
      !!<&copy;>!!

Comment

Isn't it !!<&trade;>!!
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thanks for the replies but for me it`s easier to just cut and paste from word than do that as I can size the font at the same time. I thought Actinic might have had an insert symbol facility

Comment

a word of warning: ignoring advice can lead to an epic fail.

Using symbols in an odd character set can cause undesirable effects. like loss of hair and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe View Post
              Using symbols in an odd character set can cause undesirable effects. like loss of hair and stuff.
              .. and your Actinic database corrupted beyond all hope of repair.

If you are going to copy and paste at least do it from Notepad and NOT Word which is the devil in disguise with rogue characters.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

cut and paste from word

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
                  pmsl
                  don't beat about the bush, Mal
                  tell us how you feel!
                  Tracey

Comment

Whats going to happen http://www.dreamtyme.co.uk/acatalog/..._Mattress.html the symbol is there. You have got me worried now.

Comment

Using Firefox can not see the TM symbol - where are we looking?

We are saying to be careful using Word to copy and paste ... it can add bizarre formatting (it thinks it knows best) which can kill the actinic scripts.

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Using Firefox can not see the TM symbol - where are we looking?

Here:

Breasley Flexcell 700 mattress Small Single 2`6" x 6`3" WITH OUTLAST®

Price incl VAT and Delivery: £290.00

Breasley Flexcell 700 mattress Small Single 2`6" x 6`3" with the revolutionary Outlast® fabric

I don't think there's a problem here. The copy and paste process in this instance is just adding a "keystroke" to the code ("& # 174" in this case), in exactly the same way as Actinic does itself - typing the inch symbol (inverted commas) into the Actinic description makes Actinic add "& # 34" to the HTML code.

PS had to add spaces to the keystroke codes otherwise the forum was showing them as ® and "

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H View Post
                          OUTLAST®
                          I think we were all looking for the "&trade;" TM symbol ...
                          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Insert Registered Trademark symbol

Taking this one stage further, the quickest way to insert the symbol is to use the "keystroke/ALT code" directly. When you are typing your description, just type 0174 on your numeric keypad while pressing the ALT key.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

it doesn't always work in Actinic though, I've found.
                              Using the alt command, I mean
                              Certainly it's iffy on reports and doesn't always even enter anything into the field you're typing into. (could be an Actinic iffy-ness, of course, rather than the alt command itself which is commonplace)
                              Tracey

Comment

Working...
                              X