Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create registration in checkout

Hi,

I'm not sure if this has already been covered in the forum but so far have not found anything.

I have seen on a few Actinic sites (www.baseballandsoftball.co.uk being one of them), within the checkout process, there is an option for the user to login if already registered. If not they can proceed by clicking 'Next' and enter the normal address info but there is an option to enter a password so the user can login for return visits and their details will apparently be remembered - see attached image.

Does anyone know how to achieve this? It seems like a great and very useful feature that I would love to use on many Actinic sites.

The only registration info I have found is in the advanced user guide ('Allowing Customers to Register for Accounts Online') and that is far from ideal and very "clunky".
    Web . Design . Multimedia . Branding

The above is probably done with modified userdefinable fields in the checkout and a bit of javascript to check the contents of the fields is the same and then the store owner creates the account manually or uses a mole-end plug in to do it automatically.

Codepath also sell a product called Actinic Account Generator. Gabe at Interact Studio could probably pull something out of his hat too. He's working on a nifty order tracking thing at the minute

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=37875

Comment

Actually that is an express shop - great idea though, another one perhaps for the wish list.

I think you could do it in catalog though by collecting the password in one of the userdefined fields and then generating the account manually or using a plugin as described by Jonathan.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

maybe you could use this...

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=37875

Comment

Thanks people, some really great suggestions there.

Jo; that stuff from Gabriel looks mighty impressive and is something that Actinic is crying out for

The whole client login/registration is something that I think really needs to be in this kind of software. Being able to login and update your details and track orders etc is what you come to expect these days when buying online. Obviously not a small job for the Actinic developers, especially as these seem to be spending a lot of time fire-fighting other issues.

Great to see that other developers are working on these kind of items though.

Thanks again for the posts, I've just got to now dedicate some more time to go through them!
          Web . Design . Multimedia . Branding

Comment

Working...
          X