X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Product Variable

Hi all!!

Could anyone help me ?

I am trying to set up a variable, similar to an automatic product ref..

I would like the variable to be automatically generated when a new product is entered into the catalogue ..

The variable is for a GTIN number - which begins which a seven digit constant number, then finishes with a six digit number which increases by 7 each product.

e.g "xxxxxxx000001","xxxxxxx000008","xxxxxxx000015","xxxxxxx000022","xxxxxxx000029",etc

Is it possible to reference the total number of products in the catalogue and then from that automatically generate the variable when you add a product? (eg "xxxxxx"& "(if([lastprodnumber]<10,"00000",if([lastprodnumber]<100,"0000",if([lastprodnumber]<1000,"000","00")))" & "[lastprodnumber]x7" )

where lastprodnumber = total products in catalogue.

I will be bulk adding these codes to my current catalogue, through hierarchical exports and imports, but would like it to be an automatic feature when adding more products.. Is this possible?

Not possible automatically no, use imports to create your products instead and an excel formula can do it for you then.

Comment

So there is no way to adapt the automatic product ref?

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          No
          you absolutely SURE now, Lee?
          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
            you absolutely SURE now, Lee?
            Don't start.

Comment

Bold claims Lee with TraceyG and Zoltan lurking in the shadows.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I would add it to the wish list though, it's quite a nice idea.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
                  Bold claims Lee with TraceyG and Zoltan lurking in the shadows.
                  I have the courage to fall down in public young Jedi.

Comment

Originally posted by elvis84369 View Post
                    So there is no way to adapt the automatic product ref?
                    Autogenerated product references can be reused (when products are deleted etc), so there is no guarentee that the reference number will increase so you could possibly end up with duplicates if you try to generate your numbers based on this.

.... said another way, Lee was right :-)

Regards,
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Multichannel order processing
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Ok - I suppose it'll be alot of leg work until its added as a feature -

Is there any way of having a numeric variable for each product, then being able to find out what is the Max number for this variable is in the catalogue - At least this way the manual inputs of the GTIN numbers can be made easier, by know what the last one that has been entered. (make sense?)

- Or for that matter is there a way of counting how many products there are in the catalogue and manually calculate and input the GTIN number from there?

Comment

Working...
                      X