db corruption again - seems like a component again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

db corruption again - seems like a component again

Our db has gone splat again - after copying a group of products to a new section - its now refusing to upload with the section enabled (not deleted) and page preview crashes actinic.

As the section has some 60 products an anyone suggest a way of working out which product is causing the problem - the moment I click in the section with it enabled it crashes page preview (yes I can turn it off, but its a lot quicker than waiting for it crash while trying to do an upload)

edit: I'm in the queue to support at the mo, the last few times they've had our db and sent it back to us, but this is getting a bit stupid.

edit2: Probably a noob question but is there an upload log to see where it specifically gets up to when doing an upload to see which product its dying on?

You could try creating say 10 new sections and dropping 6 products into each from the corrupted section ... that will help narrow things down and then repeat to find the dodgy product/s

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks John, did a variation on that in the end, but it turned out to be all the products!

Think I may have found out whats happening when the db goes like this, it seems to be flagging one of the permutations as valid after the copy when in the original copy its not flagged (I think its an 'any' perm without a code - it that makes sense). Need to do some more checking though, and compare with our previously corrupted db files.

Comment

Working...
      X