Link not transfering discounts to sage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link not transfering discounts to sage

We have noticed that if we apply say a 10% discount (-10%) to actinic orders it shows up on the total and actinic at the correct price but transferes to sage via the link as the original amount

V9.1 on XP
    Chris Ashdown

Hi Chris,

Is the discount applied to an individual product or to the invoice total?
    John Sollars
    MD at Stinkyink.Com
    Ph 01746 781020
    Fx 01746 781698
    Em John (at) Stinkyink dot Com

Comment

Invoice total and using sage V11
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

We've experienced this, Sage imports the product sale price and so far as it is concerned that is the only inoformation that is relevant so it ignores your actinic invoice total, so you need to apply your discounts to the individual product and then it will import correctly.

The problem is that you have to have something in Sage that it can match to your discount code in Actinic and I'm not clever enough to figure out how to do it!
        John Sollars
        MD at Stinkyink.Com
        Ph 01746 781020
        Fx 01746 781698

Comment

The same thing happens with the Quickbooks Link. Any news about adding a discount line into the Link Packages?
          Sam
          http://www.originaltouch.co.uk
          http://www.spcb.co.uk

If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.

Failure is the tuition you pay for success.

Comment

Funnily enough we were looking at this yesterday. Actinic generates a discount line seperately in the CSV export file, but Sage (or Quick books) doesn't have anything to link to so that it can assign the discount to it. We think (well young Rob thinks - he's the clever one) that if we can figure out in Sage how to set up the same discount and tie the two together it will work. At this time though I am in the hands of clever people at Sage to see whether we can do this.

I suppose the good news is that it prevents me giving money away in discounts - count my blessings!!!!
            John Sollars
            MD at Stinkyink.Com
            Ph 01746 781020
            Fx 01746 781698

Comment

Just as an extra note which may relate in some way to this, I discovered that Actinic Link for Quickbooks did not like to convert VAT-inclusive shopping carts which contained a discount - gave the message:

"Quickbooks tax code for Actinic Tax Name: EC VAT Actinic Tax Rate: Custom cannot be found in the tax grid - please edit your profile"

In Actinic Link : Tax Rates, I had to add in duplicate UK and EC Actinic Tax Names and call both Actinic Tax Rates 'Custom' - then link them to the relevant Quickbooks Tax Code - for the .IIF file to be produced correctly.

But as a Link for Quickbooks user I suspect I may be one of a dying breed. I use QB2006, the last version to support Link - or is there an update on the way...?
              Kenny Fraser
              http://kennyfraser.com

Comment

Working...
              X