No announcement yet.

Actinic crashes when moving sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mole End also have a free database backup tool that will quickly backup your database for you - you can find details here :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/downloads.html

It's called Easy Orders Backup. It doesn't backup your site files, only your database but it can be scheduled and quite a few people find it useful.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan,

Thanks for the note. I will look into this but just to let you know, I am not after any freebies here (but it helps !!). Any plugins that adds functionality to the product or improves the usability of it should be most welcomed.

I did have a glance at some of the plugins you have on offer & I can see we could certainly benefit from purchasing them. Will be contacting your office soon.

Regards
      Nilesh

Comment

Hi Nilesh,

I didn't think you were looking for freebies, although I didn't think you would not want to pay for the sorting tool as it was only going to be needed while you waited for v9.0.3 to be released. I also noticed that since moving to V8 our site has lost the product for the backup software, so I can fix that up now as well.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan,

Downloaded & installed EasyOrders as suggested but gave up after 30 odd mins. My gut feel is that the problem lies within my actinic database thats possibly causing all the delays in backups, uploads & exports etc. Will raise a call on Monday with Actinic Support and ask them to have a look at the database again.
          Final note - I haven't experienced any crashes following the implementation as advised by yourself, Jonty & Darren. So thats progress.

Regards
          Nilesh

Comment

Actinic Crashes Losing Data with copy&paste, move

Hi

We are using Business Plus with 2 users, when the administrator is logged in we quite often lose whole sections of data when we copy & paste or move data in the tree.

As you say it is very intermittent with no apparent reason, the bad bit is when it deletes data which can be as little as one product up to whole sections.

Roll on V8.03 which is meant to sort this problem.
            Knightrideruk

Out of the darkness comes light........
            www.cheapelectricals.co.uk

Comment

Me too

Hi

I had this, this morning. Rather than delete sections I no longer need, I use Cut. I then transferred another section, intending to Cut and Paste it, I got an error message saying "out of memory". I have 3GB Ram, so its unlikely its my own computer not having enough, but still it happened.

I don't really move sections much so haven't come across it before, this is the first time I have moved anything major.

I lost the whole section and had to recover it with a snapshot. Luckily I had one from earlier in the day.
              Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Comment

Loss of Data

Me too.
                Just found out today that some "sucessful" drag & drop or cut 'n paste operations were NOT--AAAGH---duplicate products fell off the list.
                Another BUG--a big serious one I think. This should not be happening.
                Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

This problem still exists in MU v9.5 - found out to my detriment today! You can't have the preview panel open if you move sections. Error unamed file bad format which basically deletes everything you move . oops
                  Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

It's in the single user catalog (9.0.5 jhza), too.

Don't have a MOTO form, so it's not that.
                    The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Working...
                    X