Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decimal Places in Pricing

Hi All

Had a scout around for this on the forum but most posts seem to be dated..

Do you know if you are able to price something with more than 2 decimal places? Such as £0.105 (£10.50 per 100pcs)

Thanks

Yup

£10.50 Is 1050 In A Ss....

Hth
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Two decimal places is a far as Actinic will go, which gives all sorts of problems with rounding VAT etc..
      John Sollars
      MD at Stinkyink.Com
      Ph 01746 781020
      Fx 01746 781698
      Em John (at) Stinkyink dot Com

Comment

Thaanks John

Guess I'll have to rethink our pricing

Comment

The real problem is VAT rounding, if you use multiple components in a product you can be a couple of pence out when the customer is actually charged, but you also get stray pennies if you are exporting to Sage. We run a routine at the end of each month to clear them down. It is a real pain, you would think that in a database it would be relatively easy to make the field 4 places rather than 2?
          John Sollars
          MD at Stinkyink.Com
          Ph 01746 781020
          Fx 01746 781698

Comment

Originally posted by john@stinkyink. View Post
            it would be relatively easy to make the field 4 places rather than 2?
            Actinic uses pennies rather than pounds.pence so can only move the decimal point 2 places to get the real world value ... which as you both say is often not quite right.

V9 provides a partial solution with VAT inc prices but as far as I have seen this is really only of limited use to those starting new sites and not linking to existing data sources etc where additional intervention is required.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

if you use multiple components in a product you can be a couple of pence out when the customer is actually charged,
              I haven't tried this, but using "round line scientific" rather than "round item scientific" might fix it.

There's also a tick box when using associated products for taking the tax from the associated product which you probably don't want to tick as that presumably forces actinic to calculate the tax at the component level rather than the overall product.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

The way I've got round it is to make sure that all of the components are whole numbers, for instance here is an offer we are doing at the moment for Epson R300 inks so I have:

3 x £2.12 = £6.36
                then
                5 x £2.13 = £10.65
                and one item free
                Sub total is £17.01
                VAT = £2.96
                Total = £19.97 which is tuppence below the offer price, but I live with that because the customer is charged less than he (or she) expects and the whole thing imports into Sage without any problems.

If you work out £17.01 x 17.5% you get £19.98675 which any accounting program (i.e. Sage) rounds up to £19.99, however after all these years of battling the system, I have mellowed and go with the flow nowadays!.

I then use Sage to allocate stock to the order and produce an invoice to pick against and for the customer records
                John Sollars
                MD at Stinkyink.Com
                Ph 01746 781020
                Fx 01746 781698

Comment

Working...
                X