X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamweaver Layout not working

Hi

i have a template in dreamweaver.
    I registered it with actinic and everthing was fine...the i wanted to increase the width of the site and it increases in dreamweaver but when i go back to actinic only the INNERLAYOUT has increased in width the rest of the website is the same...i have checked my entire style sheet like i said it is perfect in dreamweaver but no change in actinic anybody got suggestions?

has anyone got a solution for me? or do i have to redo my site but this time make it the correct size...maybe it's just something simple.i have over 200 pages don't want to redo it all just because i can't get the width to increase.
    Attached Files

Comment

you might want to check your variables for widths etc these are normally in actinicstylesheet. css or site variables ACTSTDWIDTh comes to mind.

Comment

i have gone through the whole actnic style sheet and my whole style sheet PLZ can someone help...i really dont want 2 redo the entire site

Comment

got a URL for us to see?

Comment

www.thesoftwareshop.co.za

Comment

You have

#wrapper {
              width: 1024px;

and the table cell set at 100% ... declare a specific fixed value

the actual site is only about 800px wide so the table is filling the gap left

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Debugging in far simpler using Firefox http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ with either :

web developer https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60

and / or

firebug https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843

available as free plug-ins to help spot what code is doing what.

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

where do you see that the table cell is 100%?how do i fix this?i am pretty desperate been troble shootingit for over 8 hours!

Comment

Cheryl

If you do not know how to mend it...do not break it

Look into your layouts LUKE and use the force.....
                    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

if you use the tools that Jont has given links for (we all use these tools, as they help to identify design problems) you will find it much much easier to debug css code - its kind of like a point and click debug process then.

I would also tidy up the code and consider moving the non actinic js scripts into external calls - it will make the code much easier to read

Comment

Check in the 'Settings | Site options' area for the 100%

Regards,
                        Bruce King, Mole End Software Support
                        Integrated label paper for Actinic A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels.
                        One Stop Automation Automate Actinic. Mole End Automation works while you play.
                        Mole End Product Mash for Actinic A suite of marketing feeds for your Actinic Store

Actinic Upgrade and Design Service

Comment

I would also tidy up the code and consider moving the non actinic js scripts into external calls - it will make the code much easier to read
                          i am redoing the layout because i am done struggling but what would like to know is what u mean by the above...what is an external call would love to make my code easier to read

Comment

Originally posted by chebs22 View Post
                            i am redoing the layout because i am done struggling but what would like to know is what u mean by the above...what is an external call would love to make my code easier to read
                            try http://www.pageresource.com/jscript/jxtern.htm

or search www using javascript external call as keywords

Comment

Working...
                            X