Unwanted Duplicate Subsections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unwanted Duplicate Subsections

I have recently taken over the running of a website and have noiced it has duplicate subsections.

The Store section has its subsection listed and immediately after the last subsection, they are repeated again but with dotted lines between each section.

Can anyone please advise me how I can remove these duplicate subsections (they are not duplicated on the content tree).

I have searched for duplicate subsections,subsections repeated etc but can only find posts where people are wanting to introduce duplicates! - Not much help to me but perhaps I am wording my search wrong.

Thanks

http://www.craftsudo.co.uk/acatalog/...e_Marsden.html
    Last edited by Crafty Cards; 02-Jul-2008, 03:23 PM. Reason: added url

I may be wrong but check your design where the sections are listed, there may be 2 layouts there instead of one, although i could be really barking up the wrong tree, but its a idea

Or you could try this post Found on the sticky topic V8 Problem Solvers

Comment

Does indeed sound like the layout is being called twice.On the section switch to the "layout" tab and look for "bottom sub section list" and "top subsection list" ... one should be set to "no layout" ... you can change this at the top level under Settings > Site Options.

O it may have been coded into the layout (unlikely looking at the basic nature of the site)....

Click on a section with subsections and in design tab click on one of the offending subsections. Navigate to the parent (the yellow up arrow at the bottom of the code window) and you will see a layout called something like "standard subsection list" ... you should see just a single purple layout called something like "SectionLink" ... if there is only the one layout navigate to the parent (called something like "section page with section name at top") .... and the child layout will be highlighted ... something like "sub section list bottom" ... check you do not have another one sitting in there.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thank you the job is now sorted, it helps when you search for the right thing in the first place.

Daft question I know but I can search until I know what the layout is called - when a section has subsections laid out in a grid with images added not in a list. Can you do this with Smart theme? What is the layout called so I can search?

Stupid I know but hate to ask.

Comment

Do you mean to have the subsection links laid out 2 or 3 across the page instead of straight down like at the moment? If so again on the sectoin switch to the layout tab and under "section" look for the column counts ... set a numeric value there.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks Jont,

Funnily enough I have just created a new website today and I had exactly the same problem and was scratching my head over it. Your solution was exactly correct, the layout was being called twice.

Many thanks,
            Mark J

Never written a line of code until Jan 07, still nursing a headache!

www.enjoyyourgarden-online.co.uk Garden buildings & log cabins
            www.timeinthegarden.co.uk Outside clocks, thermometers etc.

St Austell, Cornwall, UK

Comment

Working...
            X