Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uploading website WHAT DID I DO

i redid a site so i took everything out of the acatalog folder
    but now ehn i upload it does not go back in!!so all i have is an index page no stylr added to it please help...how can i get my site back up...
    can i maually add everything with file zilla?PLEASE HELP

did refresh not work? instead of just plain upload
    Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
    Current project:
    cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
    cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
    Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

i found a refresh website button in actinic now it worked...oh man my heart just stopped

Comment

but the way the site looks in actinic and the way it looks in online are two different things...is it possible that it is using the old index page im so sick of struggling been trying to get my layout and the upload right for over 12 hours

Comment

without wanting to cause offence, I think you've been trying to run before you can walk.
          Take a step back, read through the help files and go step by step through processes you need to do.

You may need to do a purge and refresh if you think the current site isn't displaying correctly (Help > Troubleshooting> Web Site Purge and Refresh)
          Tracey

Comment

no offence taken at all...just wish it would look like my design in actinic

Comment

you are possibly a victim of browser wars.

When developing a site you need to take the requirements of the most popular browsers into acct along with differing screen resolutions to ensure the site looks the same on all of them.

Preveiw within actinic often views differently to IE6, IE7, Firefox,Opera and Safari

Comment

As said ie6 is actually really bad on some sites, never notice to much before but it will definately give you a difference. ie7 and ff can show huge differences or very little. things like margins and padding can create hell, never develope in one, i personally really struggle to get the same look in both and normally end up with a site that is 98% but it aint always easy

D

Comment

i had one that worked fine in FF and IE7 but safari blew it side ways
                  bit of paddign removed it looked better
                  but others were affected was a case of tweaking to get best compromise
                  Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
                  Current project:
                  cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
                  cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
                  Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

my problem is that it is only using some pieces of the style sheet everything is in place but for some or other reason it isn't bring up the pics and they are in the acatalog folder..so i am kinda mind boggled?!? not sure what to do next

Comment

if someone could pl just take a look www.thesoftwareshop.co.za maybe in should just take the site out of actinic and do it in dreamweaver or VWD?i have been struggling for over 4 days now...i think it is looking for the files else where but i don not know where or why...all it has to do is upload from actinic and look the same on the website.i mean my width in actinic is say 1024 px and on the website it is say 800px so it changes everything!the inner layout keeps it size but not the rest of the page

Comment

ok so even when i click the preview button in actinic it is the same the second i upload everything changes!!!

Comment

you need to go back to the drawing board and do things in small steps.

Consider everything yu've done to date to be a learning curve, maybe spend a little time playing with default themes, before wading back in to your design.

actinic is tricky to pick up, most of us who have been using the software for many years had to relearn in V8 and trashed many designs during this process.

Revert to a default theme, make constant snapshots so you can bactrack, upload to the web and check both IE and firefox everytime you make a design change, document what you are doing. Only comment out actinic code do not delete it. Only delete commets when the design is finished, you never know when you might need some code you deleted.

it might sound harsh to say bin what you've done, but it will be better in the long run as you will end up with clean code you understand. At the mo it is somewhat spagghetti like.

Once you've done your outer layer do everthing in actinic.

Comment

Working...
                          X