Is the "Other Info Question" modifiable in duplicate products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the "Other Info Question" modifiable in duplicate products

I want to make the "Other Info Question" on a product's prompt tab modifiable in duplicate products. I have looked in the Duplicate Fields Configuration but I cannot see an option for this.

Is this something I can do?
    Regards
    David

You'll have to go into the design and create another layout for the duplicate and then remove the OtherInfoPrompt variable and insert your own scoped to product.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
      You'll have to go into the design and create another layout for the duplicate and then remove the OtherInfoPrompt variable and insert your own scoped to product.
      wouldn't that then need 'designing' into the reports too?
      Not saying it's not the way to go, but doing it this way would mean that the information wouldn't be available in the packing list/invoice (or whichever reports it is that current show this info) so it's not as straight forward as just using a new variable.
      Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
        wouldn't that then need 'designing' into the reports too?
        Not saying it's not the way to go, but doing it this way would mean that the information wouldn't be available in the packing list/invoice (or whichever reports it is that current show this info) so it's not as straight forward as just using a new variable.
        True, but the report prompts are different to the site prompts so they could be generic. But that's after the sale so may not be so important. I can't think of another option.

Or the reports could be modified conditionally based on the site prompts.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys - I was hoping I had just missed a clickable option.
          Regards
          David

Comment

Working...
          X