Fragment Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragment Issue

Hi there - first post...be nice (please)!!!

i am using actinic business plus 9.0.2

i dont know if i am missing something, i have only been using Actinic for a short period of time, but i am having the following issue with fragments...

I have the following content tree (only part)

-Catalog
    --Section 1
    ---Section A
    ----Fragment 1
    ----Product 1
    ----Product 2
    ----Product 3
    ----Product 4

I have extended information pages for each of the 4 products shown above, but I would like to include the text from the Fragment (fragment 1) for these products in the extended info page. How do I go about doing this? I am sure it is possible, just not sure how!!

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

The Moose

Just use copy-paste, there is no automatic way unless you start using your own variable for that content, which is probably a bit out of reach at the moment.

Comment

so you can not access variables from other parts of that section??

Comment

i just thought that you might be able to access it via soemthign like

parentsection.fragment

or soemthing

Comment

You can access variables from pretty much anywhere, but you cannot fill out a fragment and then grab that fragment where you want to, unless that fragment itself is fired from a variable you have setup. If it is something to be widely used and the same on all pages, you are probably best to hard code it into the template and have a true/false variable scoped at section level, deciding whether or not it is to show on each page. That way you get one variable and can change it globally.

Comment

ok, so lets say that I have the fragment setup, and want to call the FragmentText from the other pages, i need to create a variable in actinic ( do this in Design | Library | Variables ) and then setup the True/False variable.

This will allow me to set it to T/F in the Details for each Product.

I dont suppose you would be able to give me a hand with the code that I would have to use to get it to display anywhere in the site?

cheers

matt

Comment

I think your best and easiest method to do this, is to learn how to create a new fragment layout. In this layout add the text in question and then everytime you want this text to show, add a fragment to the site and change its layout to be the new one you created. I think that will be your best thing to do at this stage. i.e. do not use fragment text variable usually in a fragment, put your own text in to replace it. So you have a completed layout to add, rather than a template to use etc.

Comment

Working...
              X