X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archive error 13 - Extract selected files call failed

Trying to import a backup of Actinic and I am getting this:

FATAL ERRORS
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 176) - Archive error 13 - Extract selected files call failed
    Library error - Error creating file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\SiteUpgrade\Backup v8.5.3.0.0.0.IDHB\RSIS_temp2\SiteHTML\copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Spare.html ! has been caught.

Any ideas anyone?

Kind Regards

John

yep - I think your database is having an issue with the length of the filename. When Actinic copies a page from one section to another it adds copy_of to the beginning of the pagename, so if you copy the same page multiple times to create your site you will end up with: copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Spare.html

However databases are set up to contain data up to specific lengths which now that the limit has been exceeded the database has fallen over.

If you can get into the machine that created the snapshot find the page and shorten the page name. You will then be able to export a new snapshot ready to import onto the other machine.

You will have more problems if this is an emergency backup that you are trying to restore, and if this is the situation I'd contact Actinic support.
    Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

STOP copy pasting and do the job properly!

Comment

I have a salvaged copy of the site and indeed there are many examples of copys of copys in SiteHTML.

The worst being copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Spare.html

I have deleted all copy of copys html files, compacted the database and then created a snaphot - they all return in the SiteHTML folder including the multiple versions like above.

Hmmm.

Comment

you need to change the file name in actinic, not delete the files from the site folder, they just get regenerated when you upload.

try looking at the section propeties, your find the file names here, if you copy a section change the file name when you do, but to be honest create a new section is just as quick in the long run

D

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            STOP copy pasting and do the job properly!
            ahhhh missing you Lee

Comment

Working...
            X