Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to - Tables?

hi
    I'd like a table on my home page that includes some products with a link either directly to the product or the page it's featured on.
    I'd like to have it only on the home page and i'd like it to look something like this site www.peblaco.co.uk or this one www.buyit247.com.
    I have searched on the knowledge base and forums but can't find any info on how to do this. Perhaps I'm searching with the wrong terms it might not even be called a table.
    iAnyway Is this possible without being a super dooper actinic whizz? Is there anyone who can advise me on how to do this please?
    Thanks.
    Julie
    www.toys-to-you.co.uk
    Affordable ethical and Fairtrade childrens toys

These are "Nw Product" or "Bestseller" tables. you populate the tables by goingto Marketing Menu, you add the layouts in site options, Layouts, activate the layouts on home page

Comment

You need to change the fragment column count (on the layout tab of the page) to what you want, and then most likely create a new fragment layout for this purpose, i.e. one that uses less space and is designed to display things in columns rather than just the item on one row. To get 3 columns is easy though, just adjust the fragment column count. You may find on of the existing fragment layouts does what you want to do, in which case its about 30 seconds work for you and nothing harder than choosing one of the options available.

Comment

i've never messed with fragment column col.

Surely you can do this by simply changing the layout "Best Seller List Layout for section pages to bestseller list in boxes. Job done... well it is in my sample store

not forgetting Location to inc Home page

Comment

You sure can and if you have no other uses for the marketing lists, your solution is definitely the best one i agree. I was attacking things from a "can't use the marketing lists as needed for other things" so will use fragments and column count instead. Bit like on here, once setup you can then use a fragment to market either a section or specific product - http://www.atlanticshopping.co.uk/

Comment

Thanks All.
            I'm going to try LeeHack's way as I do use my marketing lists for other purposes.
            I'll let you know how I get on.
            Thanks again.
            Julie
            www.toys-to-you.co.uk
            Affordable ethical and Fairtrade childrens toys

Comment

Working...
            X