Website working in IE not in Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website working in IE not in Firefox

My website works 100% in IE but not in Fire fox...what could be causing this?
    It searches in the right place for the page but says

"Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

and your website URL ????????????????????????

Comment

www.abosoftware.co.za

Comment

What version of Firefox are you checking it with?

Looks OK to me in FF2.

If you google "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression Firefox" several pages are listed with similar problems although no clear cause.
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

not sure what version it is- but also can't find a solution

Comment

use Help about to find out the version, although i can see layout issues in ff2 which are showing the left menu off by a few pixels.

But to resolve this you should download the firefox firebug or web developer extension (do a forum or www search on firebug if you don't know what i am talking about) to help resolve this type of issue, also check ie6,ie7, opera and safari and check screen res 1024 x 768, 1280x800 and any others you feel to be important

Comment

Sheesh its sooooo slooooooooooooooow

but it is the same in ie7 and ff to me the menu is pushed to the left as Jo said

Comment

Works for me in both FF2 and FF3.01 (everybody who has FF3.0 has upgraded to 3.01 right?) Even works in IE 8 (at the moment)....but as mentioned - very slow.

Kevin
                KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

darren - it loads fast on my machine but u r not the first person 2 say it is slow and the menu and everything is 100% on my side in all browser(ie , opera , safari)

y does it do this?

Comment

I found this today www.browsershots.org - if not of use to you, it may be of interest to someone else.

Comment

Nice link - thanks fella

Comment

if you are hosted in South Africa, you will find alot of people outside SA wil lhave speed issues with the site.

I found this myself when i was in SA. It seemed to depend on whose network you were using and which ISP.

i would ofte look at one site using one ISP and it would load fine, I'd swap ISPs and it would load like a dog.

Telecoms in SA is somewhat lagging. If you are wanting a global audiance you should consider being hosted outside SA. If you want the SA market you could stay where you are.

Look up JSnow on this forum, he offers Actinic hosting in SA, it may be an improvement on what you have at the mo. I've never noticed his site to be slow.

Comment

has anyone found a reason y my website will only work in IE and not firefox? amd can anyone help me make my website come up faster it is very slow www.abosoftware.co.za

Comment

Originally posted by chebs22 View Post
                            has anyone found a reason y my website will only work in IE and not firefox? amd can anyone help me make my website come up faster it is very slow www.abosoftware.co.za
                            The site is working in FF (both 2.0 and 3.01) for me as mentioned in previous posts. Perhaps it's your local copy of FF?
                            KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

thats sooo wierd!i have tried it on many different pc at many different places and it doesn't work on ff 3.0. any help on how to make my website load faster?

Comment

Working...
                              X