Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actinic Cover...Is there anybody there??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Cover...Is there anybody there??

Sorry but have been on hold in position number 2 for 20 mins for the second time today and have now lost the will to live. I upgraded from V9 Catalogue to Business yesterday. Had hoped it might solve some of the problems I am having with V9 Catalogue and also enable me to run a coupon campaign over the weekend. Unfortunately instead of solving problems it has just added another one. Sent snapshot and backup out but cant get through to find out what is going on and whether or not I can upload the site in order to get my coupon campaign up and running. Very frustrating. My latest problem is when creating a new order using the new order tab I am unable to select a shipping class for the UK, overseas yes, UK no.. has anyone else had this problem. It works using the old new order method but not the tab. I dont want to risk uploading the site and have the UK shipping classes knocked out online also. Apparently I was sent the V9.0.1 instead of the latest version (dont ask me why). Will this be solved by using the newest version. Someone was supposed to be getting back to me to let me know whether to go ahead with this or not.

You should ignore the disks they send out as they are always out of date - get the latest version from thier website

Comment

I would reconsider the coupon campaign this weekend. Support issues aside when you upgrade between versions or even patches things will get reset back to factory default in some of the layouts (to ensure maximum computability - fair enough) .... and you need to get everything back to where you were before starting anything afresh.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
        I would reconsider the coupon campaign this weekend. Support issues aside when you upgrade between versions or even patches things will get reset back to factory default in some of the layouts (to ensure maximum computability - fair enough) .... and you need to get everything back to where you were before starting anything afresh.
        I think that is good advise, I will have to shelve that plan for the moment until Cover have got back to me.

Comment

Silly me, thought they would automatically send the most up to date version with fewer glitches. Will know better next time.

Comment

Can make you go mad

Not much help really, more like advice.

Unless you know what you're doing inside out or have the services of someone who does, don't do major changes after wednesday night, they are bound to go wrong and then its a ticking timebomb until the weekend when everything shuts down and leaves you banging your head against the wall. If you can't get it sorted by wednesday night then leave till monday and plan the best way to attack over the weekend. Just my thoughts!!
            www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

If you are upgrading from 8 to 9 then you can install v9 without affecting v8. You can check it out on a subdomain (or other domain) and when you're happy just change over.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                If you are upgrading from 8 to 9 then you can install v9 without affecting v8. You can check it out on a subdomain (or other domain) and when you're happy just change over.
                Upgraded from V9 Catalogue to V9 Business

Comment

Ah, sorry I saw this was in a v8 forum and assumed you were doing v8 to v9.

Using another PC's the only option then for you then.

Comment

go to the actinic website and download the latest v9 business exe - this will be 9.0.2.

now import your catalog snapshot (you've got a backup from before you started the original backup?) into 9.0.2 business, the snapshot wil lthen be upgraded.

I suspect your problems were due to running 9.02 catslog and then installing 9.01 business.

You can import a lower version snapshot (9.0.1) into the software (9.0.2), but you can't do the reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
                      go to the actinic website and download the latest v9 business exe - this will be 9.0.2.

now import your catalog snapshot (you've got a backup from before you started the original backup?) into 9.0.2 business, the snapshot wil lthen be upgraded.

I suspect your problems were due to running 9.02 catslog and then installing 9.01 business.

You can import a lower version snapshot (9.0.1) into the software (9.0.2), but you can't do the reverse.
                      I was on 9.01 catalogue and assumed that I would be sent 9.0.2 Business but was sent 9.0.1 (why I dont know)

Comment

Software boxes are made up in bulk so if a new version is released they don't unpack them all to put on the new version they send out what is on the box knowing that the latest version is available on line.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
                          Software boxes are made up in bulk so if a new version is released they don't unpack them all to put on the new version they send out what is on the box knowing that the latest version is available on line.
                          This was emailed to me

Comment

That's odd as actinic normaly just email the licence key if you don't request the boxed software. I have never heard of them emailing software before. I assume you bought it direct from actinic

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
                              That's odd as actinic normaly just email the licence key if you don't request the boxed software. I have never heard of them emailing software before. I assume you bought it direct from actinic
                              Bought from Actinic direct, they emailed license key plus link to download

Comment

Working...
                              X