Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upload and email issues

8.5.1 HIZA
    I currently host with Heart internet and earlier this week they migrated servers which caused all sorts of email problems. I have fixed outlook but Actinic will not upload nor will it send email. Heart seem to have washed their hands but has anyone else experienced a similar problem and being hosted with Heart? here is the error message:
    Possible Cause:
    You are attempting to download orders
    before uploading to the web site
    Incorrect CGI-BIN URL in the web site details
    Incorrect permissions on the CGI script on
    the server (UNIX servers only)
    Script corruption - Could be caused by:
    Binary ftp transfer during manual installation
    Incomplete transfer
    Garbled transfer
    etc.
    Old or bad version of Perl running on server
    Http server error
    Wrong Path to Perl specified in the
    web site details
    Unknown
    Recommendation:
    Abort
    Resolution:
    Check cgi-bin script permissions
    Compare cgi-bin script against local script to
    check for corruption
    Upgrade Perl on server (needs at least 5.002)
    Run the Web | Configure Web Site Details command to verify your setup
    Re-install the web site
    Review server response for hints

The response was:
    A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again

Command: send Filename:

If anyone has any ideas or solutions that would be great. i have tried all the normal tricks, shutting down, refresh, compact databases etc.

Thanks.
    PS, Duncan, if you are reading this, I hope it has a little more detail than the previous post which caused you such hilarity and started, what I hope, is a good friendship!!
    Rob

You are attempting to download orders
    before uploading to the web site
    this means you must upload the site before attempting to download.

Have you checked permissions?
    have you run network test?

Comment

Dont worry to much about your network setting tests, if you think you have them right upload your site. I personally find that were actinic stops responding is a good indication of what to change.

following from what jo said if you have never uploaded then the error message can be miss leading from the network settings

D

Comment

Check cgi-bin script permissions
        alternate if your site is there, then ftp to it and check you cgi-bin permissions these need to be 755

Comment

The site is operating but he can't upload. I've been in contact with Rob. It seems his permissions are correct and the network test runs through ok though the site still fails during the upload with his errors posted above.

Heart did contact him saying that they had changed servers and that he should change his email passwords. So it really seems to point to Heart. Nothing has been changed from his side and there's nothing he can do apart from check permissions.

Rob - how about creating another ftp user account and configuring Actinic to use that.

Comment

I see from your other post that you are able to upload successfully. I presume that you do receive the test email when you run the network tests?

For the emails - try creating a new email address on the domain, put that in the business settings and upload and place a test order.

Also try the contact Us form.

Comment

Thanks Duncan.

I'll give that a go and let you know how I get on.

Cheers
              Rob

Comment

Hi Duncan.

Would you be surprised to hear that even after having changed the email address I am still getting the same error message when sending email from actinic. Now I am really confused.

Any ideas?

Cheers
                Rob

Comment

the test email works fine from network setup and the site email is working fine from the contact us button. It really is just and issue sending mail from Actinic ie order despatch details.

Comment

Working...
                  X