Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Actinic Package

Hi all,

Some of you will know that I've been banging on for ages now about updating my site. I'm about to purchase a new version of Actinic (still running sucessfully on V6.5) and wondered, which version/package to purchase?

I have Developer and I'd still like the option to build more than one site as I have at least one more site planned. But, I was thinking about saving money and having one site for all my transactions so if the new site needs payment options, perhaps I could just send customers to the store on that site at organicimage.com and keep the site cost down?

I need full design functionality to build/edit/design my own site and I'm interested in the new Actinic payment service. Is this cheaper and better/as good as PROTX?

Seeing as I'm planning the changeover I figured it was a good idea to think about this and start from scratch.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Brian 'Beej' Curtis

PS: I did find the poem the other day I read out at the Actinic conference back I think in 2002? I'll have to post it up soon as it made me chuckle! The site back then was SubArtClub.com and was the beginnings for me of what I have acheived now with Actinic and I must say, it was the very best choice I ever made getting involved with the software, it has changed my life and created a business model for me internationally I could only have dreamed of back then - way to go Chris
    Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

Ps

Just as a sidenote, as I know lots of folks on here could maybe suggest help here: With the new site I will be having many videos and streaming movies/d-loads and I am sick and tired of paying all the additional costs with Easily every month for going over my bandwidth. Can anyone suggest a server company or a solution which will enable me to have an unlimited or decent amount of bandwidth usage for the movies and d-loads?

Thank you.

Beej
    Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

Comment

If I were you I would go for Business Plus and have done with it. The marketing features alone should be worth the difference between Catalog and Business.

Some PSPs allow you to have more than one site with them - this was mentioned a few times recently - try to locate it with the forum search - it will give you a guide as to which may be suitable for you.

Comment

I run Actinic Business v8 on a 1&1 Business Managed server. Cost £50 pcm and there are no extra charges for bandwidth. It also includes a secure certificate, 160GB disk space, fixed IP, unlimited domains and 2000 POP3 mail boxes.

£50 a month may seem quite steep but I'd rather know what I'm paying every month than be hit with charges for a sudden surge in traffic.

I'm very pleased with the package.

Comment

Buy cover and you will get an upgrade for you developer, which I believe will be business plus, Actinic sales would need to verify that though.

Errrr ... post the poem then for those of us who were not at the Actinic 2002 conference.

Regards,

Jan
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by BrianCurtis View Post
            r decent amount of bandwidth usage for the movies and d-loads?

Thank you.

Beej
            What do you call a decent amount, 30GB, 50GB, 100Gb just curious as peoples perception varies massively on here

As for the upgrade, i hope you have read the thread were someone has upgraded from v6 to v9 - if you do then i would suggest you download some of the older versions inbetween and upgrade your site through those before making the big step. I did think actinic would support upgrades for people like yourself, but you had to have cover and they would do it for you. Cant remember were this was mentioned.

As for packages, Jans suggestion is a good one

Comment

Working...
            X