Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost orders

I have received a complaint from one of our clients:

Apparently, they are intermittently losing orders i.e. they can't view them via the orders tab in actinic. They only know about these lost orders when customers (who receive their confirmation emails without any problem) email the clients to complain.

The client has noticed that the orders that are lost have a common feature in that the number part of their order references all begin with a 2 whereas successful orders begin with a 1.

Has anyone experienced this before? What I can do to correct the problem?

Jack.

Originally posted by jackhartley View Post

The client has noticed that the orders that are lost have a common feature in that the number part of their order references all begin with a 2 whereas successful orders begin with a 1.
    I'm assuming this is the script ID which may have been changed somewhere along the line from 2 to 1?

A couple of options spring to mind.
    A 'live' site uploaded somewhere to some test space?
    Old scripts, subsequently changed, still on the server that are somehow being used by returning customers? Or hardcoded somewhere on the current website?

I'd check for and remove ALL 2 scripts from the cgi-bin, via FTP...and check there are no hardcoded references to it, to be safe.

These people are either ordering from a 'copy' site or are somehow managing to generate orders using an old script id (although I would have thought these would still download into Actinic, if this were the case)

Has a test version (well, not in test mode, a LIVE version) been uploaded anywhere else on the internet at any point?
    Tracey

Comment

As tracey said, it would indicate old scripts in place, ftp to the site and check to see if you has scripts in the cgi-bin with 000002

delete all of these old actinic scripts, your customer might still be able to download these orders, but you will need to change actnic id back to 2, then it might be possible, before you delete these files

Actnic always seems to leave old scripts on the server if you change it.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks guys, I think that must be it.

The site had been moved from a .co.uk to a .com domain - the files were still up on .co.uk and despite a re-direct some customers must have been ordering from there.

Cheers again!

Comment

Working...
        X