Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message when typing in a text area

Hi

I expect you are all fed up with questions on having a larger Other Info prompt, there certainly seems to be a lot about it, yet I cannot find one with the same problem as me (Mum used to say I always had to be different!).

Anyway I have followed the AUG to enlarge this box and all seems set up okay, but when I upload to my test site and I type in the box and add to basket I get an error message saying that I cannot add to basket until I fill in the text box (which I already did).

I have checked and re-checked the changes and I cannot see any errors. I refreshed and updated to the test site:-

So is it because I'm on a test site?

Or maybe when the AUG says to change the items in the OrderScript.pl file I have changed it exactly as they say and left the rest of the code that follows it still in (should I be taking this out?)

Any ideas gratefully received.
    Thanks
    Helen
    www.postapresent.co.uk
    Gifts by Post & Giftwrapping Service

if you are uploading to the Actinic test site server then that is the cause of the error. Perl scripts will not get changed on that site.

Comment

I wondered if that may be it. Okay thanks, I will have to take the plunge and send to my live site then, but I will wait until the morning as I have learnt now not to do these things at tea time as they always go wrong and I spend half the night trying to get it back to normal and my family are so thin from starvation already!!

Cheers
      Helen
      www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Try it in test mode or on a subdomain of your site first.

Comment

I actinic I changed it from production mode to test mode and uploaded it to my test site (same place where my live site is hosted, but test folder).

So is that perhaps not the reason why it's not working then?
          Helen
          www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Ah - no then. I thought you were uploading to the Actinic Test Server - if it's your own then it'll be something else awry...

Comment

please supply usẁith a product that doesn't work. I have just bee nto the personaised cards and it seems ok, so rather than search the site trying to locate the error, it would be easier if you could give us an example

Comment

Hi

If you were trying my live site, then it will work as I have not changed that yet I was working off a test site.

However, I have now resolved this issue, a case of re-doing 3 times before it took.

thanks all.
                Helen
                www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X