Tax Error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Error message

Hi, I have been working on my website for a couple of weeks now, it is all ready to be uploaded but now I get an error message saying " The VAT tax data for product.... is invalid." I know this can be changed in the product details but I have many products and I would prefer not to go through each one individually. Is there any way I can change every product in one go? Many thanks.

What specfically are you wanting to change for each product?

You can modify the records in the database if you are conversant with MSAccess or possibly a product import update. Backup before attempting to make any changes.

Comment

Hi, what I need to change is tax treatment which is under the details tab on the product. The error message reads along the line of

"You are linking to a V4 Tax 1 opaque data field which contains 301=1750=0
      Accepted values are 101=1750=0000."

So I expoted the csv file, found the correct cell and changed the 301=1750=0to 101=1750=0000, but now when I attempt to import the csv file back it gives me a error messge says:

"No fields were found in the first line of the file."

Comment

And what do the first few lines of the file look like?

Comment

As you have exported the data first, make sure that you import as a 'hierarchical' format and not a flat-file.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X