X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v9 updated from v7

I am using Actinic/CreditCall Payments with both MOTO and Actinic Payments

Please could anyone help me -

1. Unfortunately although item is clicked as "shipped", at Invoice stage shows message "not shipped" but when invoice printed shows "shipped".

2. Completed items do not transfer to the Completed Section of the Software - I have to Re-Export every time.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received - I believe "Support" are having problems sorting some of my errors out. Thought "v9 Users" could have "hands-on" experience of some of these problems.

Shirley

is the shipping % more than 100% if so this is a known bug.

not sure about the shipped and not shown as shipped bit though

Comment

Darren,

Many thanks for your reply.

Am unsure what you mean with the % shipping. Please could you explain a little more, please. Unless I am correct in thinking that if an order was for 1, only 1 would be shipped. In that case no problem. When trying to send out an order, highlighting the item and clicking "ship" show up as shipped on the screen, and cancelling and rechecking "ship" does not cure the problem. When you try and print an invoice it again warns you it has not been shipped, but if you ignore and print the invoice it shows up as "shipped" on the invoice.

Talking to someone this morning it has been suggested that "it is not reading and refreshing" the data. That there could be a badly written code involved. Any views on this would be appreciated.

Using Actinic Payments has caused a few problems, but I believe Actinic have now sorted this. It was rejecting card details.

Once again many thanks for trying to help.

Shirley

Comment

OK in the off line ordering / MOTO tab if you change the quatity of an item it gets confused in the DB

If you look at your orders screen along the top, to the right there is a column called % shipped check this column for the offending orders and see if it shows more than 100%.

As i said this is a known bug and should be fixed in the next release

Comment

Darren,

Many thanks again.

However, on any of those I have checked - under Progress and Delivery - the following appears -

Status Complete
          Total Lines 2 (If that is the number of items)
          % Shipped 0
          % Cancelled 0
          % Pending 100%

Please keep trying!!! Actinic Support have been unable to help with this.

Are there any other problems waiting to be fixed that you know of, please?

Again sincere thanks.

Shirley

Comment

OK then i would say it is a problem with actinic not posting a date to the completed order, although you ship it no date is attached.

You can edit this in access, to clear it, but as always make sure you take a back up before you mess, then open the orders find the offending one, add a date in the format of the others already shipped, you may also need to change one of the flags to mark it as shipped i cant remember off the top of my head.

D

A quick question, i take it they have full payment, no patial payments or over payments?

Comment

Darren,

That makes sense because from memory no dates are shown. However, I am not experienced with how Access works regarding this. Can you help me with instructions any further, or should I go back to Support and ask them for instructions, please? I have no knowledge where to start.

You have helped me more this morning, than Support have been able to in the last three weeks.

Having been trading for over 20 years, and 6 on the website with our own PDQ, have found it very frustrating so far trying to update. PDI Compliance brought the changeover necessary.

Again thanks.

Shirley

Comment

Have you tried using the Complete function to show the orders as being shipped?

Edit - I'll add I've switched 7 sites over from 8.53 to 9 this week and set up Actinic Payments on them with pretty much no issues.

Comment

Hi Shirley,

Status Complete
                  Total Lines 2 (If that is the number of items)
                  % Shipped 0
                  % Cancelled 0
                  % Pending 100%
                  This is showing that nothing has been shipped yet so if you have definitely highlighted the order lines and clicked the 'Ship' button but this doesn't change to show '% shipped 100%' then you are suffering from the bug that will be fixed in 9.0.3. Post 11 on this thread will tell you how to edit the database to get the orders into completed, however, you should only do this if you are confident on editing the database and take a backup before you make any changes. However, the best thing you can do is to export your orders to force them into completed until this problem is corrected.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Tracey,

Many thanks for that information. I am not that confident so will wait for patch. Many thanks to all for trying to help.

Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                      OK then i would say it is a problem with actinic not posting a date to the completed order, although you ship it no date is attached.

You can edit this in access, to clear it, but as always make sure you take a back up before you mess, then open the orders find the offending one, add a date in the format of the others already shipped, you may also need to change one of the flags to mark it as shipped i cant remember off the top of my head.

D

A quick question, i take it they have full payment, no patial payments or over payments?
                      Darren,

At long last I believe I am sorted. Sincere thanks for trying to help.

Paul Murphy from Support thankfully took over trying to help and spotted it in a very short while - this is his comment for all who may have the same problem -

Actinic version 4 had a back end database in Access 97 format, but now
                      Actinic v8.5 onwards requires your back end database to be upgraded to
                      Access 2000. Actinic v9 will run with an Access 97 back end database, but
                      errors such as the one you had occurred.

Again my thanks.

Shirley

Comment

Upgrading from v7 to v9.

Originally posted by Shirley Beech View Post
                        Tracey,

Many thanks for that information. I am not that confident so will wait for patch. Many thanks to all for trying to help.

Shirley
                        Tracey,

Sincere thanks for trying to help. As mentioned in my reply to Darren, thankfully Paul Murphy from Support, took over my problems, and within a few minutes realised the problem This is his reason for my problems and he sorted it by updating to Access 2000. I feel other users may appreciate his help.

Actinic version 4 had a back end database in Access 97 format, but now
                        Actinic v8.5 onwards requires your back end database to be upgraded to
                        Access 2000. Actinic v9 will run with an Access 97 back end database, but
                        errors such as the one you had occurred.

Once again my thanks.

Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaUK View Post
                          Have you tried using the Complete function to show the orders as being shipped?

Edit - I'll add I've switched 7 sites over from 8.53 to 9 this week and set up Actinic Payments on them with pretty much no issues.
                          Nicola,

Sincere thanks for trying to help. Please see my reply to Darren and Tracey with the way it was sorted. I had tried everything, but on top of all, I was missing buttons which did not help, caused by the wrong database.

Shirley

Comment

Working...
                          X