No announcement yet.

pros & cons of single product per page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks everyone for all the feedback. I have been playing with the AUG on my trial site this afternoon.

I'm quite taken with cascading menus too but can I use these without the "redundant" sub-sections showing?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      One thing often overlooked on SPP setup is the ability to have a really nice clear and large image on show without the need to offer a 'zoom' image.
      This is a good point and something i recon i need to probably re-visit with the shirft towards SPP's

I like the atalantic shopping site Lee, nice, neat job on the section layouts and is that a norman patch on the SPP for the images

Comment

The menu on our site is one of Norman's (Drillpine) and he normally can modify it to your needs.

Edit I have just re-read your post, yes if you remove a section it will be removed from the menu, though it will entail re uploading all the site again minus images.

Best Nigel
        Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
          and is that a norman patch on the SPP for the images
          It is but not an off the shelf one.

Comment

I did wonder, Normans always the 1st port of call for something a little special

nice touch though

Comment

Yeah this was a pretty tough challenge for him as it merges 2 addons and then adds a few little extras in too. As per usual he came up trumps though.

Comment

Just coming back to this thread, I have a client site with around 2000 products on.
                Now I can use codepaths section generator, or turn the extended info pages into the product pages...

Can anyone throw any comments on which they think is best?

Pros for sections
                -------------------------
                Quick and easy
                Less problems

Cons
                ------------------------
                Another level on the tree to plod through
                Web design Bradford

Comment

neither IMO

Comment

Using extended info pages for anything more than just a larger image nowadays is utter madness IMO. Missing SEO hooks and dog slow performance are 2 main reasons why I never do this.

Comment

Not so good though to find a site thats went to single product per page for the sake of it and ended up with many very blank pages.

But then, no-ones bothered about `clutter` on the interweb though are they...
                      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
                        Not so good though to find a site thats went to single product per page for the sake of it and ended up with many very blank pages.

But then, no-ones bothered about `clutter` on the interweb though are they...
                        Sorry don't understand why it would do that
                        Web design Bradford

Comment

If a product does not have enough information to warrant it's own page, then it should be placed on a multi product page IMO, i have no problems with that approach, i see that around 10% of the time. Either way it should not use extended info pages. If there is enough info to be using an extended info page, then it should be setup as SPP instead IMO.

Comment

See what you mean. Im doing it for SEO reasons, along with being sick of popup pages - more than likely going to use Normans multiple image plugin for the details - which I think warrants the use of single pages.
                            Web design Bradford

Comment

SPP's have there place and so do MPP's its just people get bogged down with spp's its a case of "it has to be done because google says it does"

Comment

Yep, Google Base is a bugger, bet by the time Ive converted the site, they change there minds about something else!
                                Web design Bradford

Comment

Working...
                                X