Problems adding to cart - bit confused!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems adding to cart - bit confused!

Hi - I'm fairly new to this and although I've worked out most of what I want to do, I'm struggling big time with this little (I hope!) problem.

I have got the site looking mostly the way I want, and am int he process of filling up the content now. I have uploaded to the trial space here: http://trials.actinic.com/trials/tri...Headbands.html

The problem I have is I get a weird error when I add to basket on any product. Can anyone suggest what I shoul do please?

Thanks!

You seem to have differing script numbers, either purge and refresh the website or better still, increment the script number and do a full web-refresh. Report back if that does or does not solve it.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      You seem to have differing script numbers, either purge and refresh the website or better still, increment the script number and do a full web-refresh. Report back if that does or does not solve it.
      I'd be inclined to FTP into the site and remove ALL the old scripts from the cgi-bin also.
      Tracey

Comment

I concur actually, wipe the lot and refresh it all.

Comment

Thanks - I've tried purging and refreshing fromt he troublehooting menu - how do I increment the script numbers?

Comment

Go into the network setup screen and add 1 (one) to the number.

Comment

Sorry - I think its because I'm using the trial hosting but it won't let me - I have an active site at the moment on my own hosting, but don't want to upload this there until it is complete

Comment

Are you in test mode? if so switch out, change it and then switch back in.

Comment

It doesn't seem to be (i.e. the switch to test mode is available) but all the options on the network setup screen are grayed out but prefilled.

Comment

I have no idea then sorry, never used trial hosting before, if test mode hasn't grey it out, i suspect actinic have somehow.

Comment

that does not seem right though, because surely you need to be able to edit the network settings to try it

seems a little odd to me?

Comment

I'm going to try and upload it to a sub directory in my hosting to see if that resolves it. Failing that I just realised that I should have free support for another couple of weeks - thank you!

Comment

Hi again - After lots of hassle with my provider, I have now uploaded the site to a proper hosting account, and have checked the script number etc - unfortunately I am getting exactly the same problem

Anyone able to suggest anything else?
                          Thanks!

Comment

whats the url of the new area

Comment

One of the products is here: http://www.mangogems.co.uk/acatalog/..._Princess.html

It has an error on every page but I can't figure out why - it is possibly related but I'm utterly clueless!

Comment

Working...
                              X