GA Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GA Again

I had GA working 100% in 8.5. We upgraded to 9.02 MU a few weeks back and I discovered the other day that by GA had stopped reporting funnels and conversions.

I went through it and replaced the code that the upgrade removed and got my goals back but today we realised that we weren't getting conversions. That is when I visited here and found that the upgrade didn't work.

So I bit the bullet and and deleted my (Eileen's) code and ticked the Enable GA box. I had to manually add back the code to my layouts and reset the checkouts.

I have SSL enabled on the same domain for checkout pages.

Problem is that Actinic doesn't generate the tracking code on each page. It does work in the default site1 so it is something missing from my upgraded site.

Elsewhere I read that this was a bug in 9.0 and perhaps even 9.0.1 but should have been fixed in 9.0.2?

The only thing I can find that makes it work is removing blockif.

I could have just removed the SSL but then I want GA on this site so I might as well have no blockif.

In other words the original Google code with a convenient account number field!

I have placed layout at the end of the head tag in all my layout pages (brochure, catalogue and checkout) so that when we get to the checkout it is before the cart. I don't know if this will make any difference.

Comment

Hi

I am still working out GA Ecommerce at the moment, but I have got the funnel working, I couldn't get Eileens code to work on my version of the software.

Anyway, here is the code I put into both my contents page and receipt pages, parent layouts. just before the </body>

It is now reporting the funnel fine, I have SSL on checkout only, this same code works fine on either. I don't use a PSP, so not sure if that would affect anything or if you would just need to add that page to your funnel.

<script type="text/javascript">
      var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
      document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
      </script>
      <script type="text/javascript">
      var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-XXXXXXX-1");
      pageTracker._initData();
      <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Section%22%29">
      pageTracker._trackPageview('<actinic:variable name="PageType" />.html');
      </actinic:block>
      <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Section%22%29">
      pageTracker._trackPageview();
      </actinic:block>
      </script>

My version is Actinic Business Plus 9.02 IERA

Now, then I tried to be a little bit clever and implement John at StinkyInk's code for the ecommerce tracking - but so far I can't get it working.

I am going to double check it all over again and try and see if I can fix it, I must have missed something out somewhere.

Anyway hope that helps and you can at least get your funnel working, if I work out the ecommerce I will post that too. I am wondering if it is something to do with the fact I effectively have a JS from Johns code with the GA code on it and also my own on the receipt page....hmmm <<< thinking >>>> will have a play.

Kind Regards

Denise
      Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Comment

Thanks Denise

I woke up last night and realised that there was no page differentiation. I was going to have to do that myself this morning but you have saved me a job.

We use the same set up as you; brochure, catalog, checkout, payment (own SSL) and receipt.

It looks as if it is working including e-commerce.

Comment

Hi

You're welcome... actually I pinched the code from a post on Eileens thread, so I can't claim to be clever but I am glad to have helped... I always ask a lot of questions so its nice to be able to answer a few

Kind Regards

Denise
          Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Comment

Working...
          X