Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why are my coding errors greyed out

Hi

My coding errors are greyed out so I cannot click on them to find out where the error actually is.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to "un grey" them so I can find out what I have done wrong
    Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Maybe in test mode or have you been banned from making design changes (hopefully) in business settings?

Comment

lol... yes probably by Actinic's in built idiot detector I'll check that thanks

Comment

I wouldn't call you an idiot, just severely disabled in the actinic department. Mind you it has had me a few times today, i'm at my wits end too.

Comment

Yes I really think it's probably time I should go on a course.. I spend so many hours trying to figure things out..

I have learnt one thing though... take plenty of back ups... then at least if you stuff things up you can go back to before the meddling

Its a process that works well because I am learning... and thanks to these posts .. I am actually getting things done..

I have had some horror moments though and a few cold sweats like yesterday when I decided that the Next button on checkout page 2, really should be a Complete order button, I was feeling slightly pleased with myself for managing to create this, ... until I realised that I had uploaded the website so that ALL of the next buttons were changed to Complete buttons ... actually Actinic is very forgiving of novices.. I do like that about the package!

Comment

Hey, I've added a Tag line.. as I am really beginning to feel part of the community thought it was rather appropriate to my meddling nature

Anyway, on a serious note, I have checked on business settings and that the site wasn't in test mode, so really no idea whats caused the prob.. honest I never touched nuffin!

Comment

which part do you mean is actually 'greyed out'?

The 'check coding errors' command in the Design menu?

if you mean the 'click here to see errors' bit in the design tab, then the fact that it is greyed out means that you don't have any
              Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey

Yes thats it, when I click on design there is a red bar on the page saying click here to see errors, when I click on the tab it says:

A Javascript error has been found on the page ('Syntax error').

But that part is greyed out. I looked on the help and this should be a link to the error and when clicked should take you to the coding error, but I can't click it.

My site uploads fine .. I do know what is causing it, its the Javascript connected to the GA Ecommerce .. I think I discussed it on another thread... but I would like to find out why this is greyed out as it would be really helpful to be taken to any errors.

Thanks

Comment

The reason it's greyed out is because it's a javascript error and that can occur in any part of the javascript code, which could be in a layout or in a .js file, so Actinic cannot be specific as to where the problem is. You will have to manually work through the page that the javascript error shows on to find out what the cause is I'm afraid.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X