Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a component to sell an extra item

Hi

I've added a component to a product and if you tick the box on the web page you'll get another item on the website for less money. Which works out fine.

When I come to ship the item, I click the ship option and both items go together, is there any way to stop both items from shipping together?

I sell pre-orders, which can have different release dates and would like to add a component, but be able to ship each item separately.

Cheers for any help.
    Legion
    www.legionofcomics.co.uk

In your component setup, general tab, do you have 'component as separate orderline' ticked?
    Does this give you the ability to ship independantly?
    I'm not sure but it'd be my first port of call
    Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey

I've tried that before and it separates them on the checkout, but not when you come to ship the order.

Thanks for the reply
      Legion
      www.legionofcomics.co.uk

Comment

Legion,

When the order is in the Pending Section of the Order Tab, open the particular order and click on "Line Items".

You can select each Line Item indiviually and select "Ship" and Actinic will update the desired Product

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Hi

That's part of the problem I'm having. If you buy one item on-line and tick the component box adding the extra item to the order, when I come to process the order and click ship the item, both items get shipped together.

Thanks for your help.
          Legion
          www.legionofcomics.co.uk

Comment

If you go into Shipping and handling and click "Repackage" will it let you move the component into another Package?

I don't use components and have only just stumbled upon the "Repackage" Option, so not sure where that will lead...

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

I've just tried it and I thought it had done it, but no!

The original idea works fine for all my in stock items, I was just hoping I could increase sales on the pre-order items I have.

Thanks again
              Legion
              www.legionofcomics.co.uk

Comment

If you use a component and assign a related product to it, there is the option to use the shipping settings of the related product. What happens if you select ship separately on the related product?

Comment

Just tried it, same problem again.

I don't think it can be done using a component, I'll have another look and see if I can use a link?
                  Legion
                  www.legionofcomics.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X