Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child window ordering

Hi,

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but my clients' customers are finding the following (http://www.wildlifewatchingsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/).

If you go to a product page and click on a more info box but then don't close it down but click add to cart from the product page. The site then flashes up with the order as per normal then normally you'd go back to the page you came from. But with the child window still open it flashes back to that window. It then offers you the chance to go "back" but each time you click that and you refresh the page you end up ordering another of the products. This cycle keeps repeating itself and all you see is the amount of orders going up.

Does anyone know how to stop this please? Is this a bug? I realise that customers should close the more info window but you can't expect them too but at the same time they shouldn't be in a repeat cycle either.

Many thanks...Paul

Do away with the popups, they've been hated for years and overall just a bad idea. If window opens in same window, problem solved.

Comment

Following what Lee mentioned I have gone through the catalog and changed the pop ups to same window for the more info. But I am now finding a page return problem.

www.wildlifewatchingsupplies.co.uk - If you go to a product then click the more info button, then click back to the product again and order it - no problem. But when you click to continue shopping it first goes back to the more info page, when you then click "back" it goes to a page that warns you that the page has expired then you then click refresh this takes you back to the items ordered page! This then becomes a little catch-22. Why when they clicked from the product page do they return to the more info page after ordering? Also why normally there is a full menu on the left of the screen then when you click on the continue shopping button the menu reduces to three headings?

Any help to rid this catch-22 would be helpful as it doesn't look very good to customers.

Cheers...Paul

Comment

Working...
      X