Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bizarre Stock control problem

Hi

Having used actinic for over 3 years, I'm well aware of the trials and tribulations of stock control, so I keep a close eye on my stock. I've been noticing that since using V9 the stock control seems to be inaccurate in about 25% of stock.

For some strange reason, stock seems to be getting added randomly... I have one product with a stock of 21 which according to Actinic has a stock of 76 (never had that much of that product!), this large discrepancy has happened on a handful of occassions. Usually it is about 2-5 out... I use components and attributes for some products but the errors seem to be happening predominately in products without components and attributes.

I'm using 9.02, don't have 'allocate stock for psp orders ticked, don't have a time limit set to deleate psp orders, I haven't deleated any psp pending orders (don't get many anyway) and I've never created any offline orders - I just can't work out what could be causing it! (I'm sure its not manual error, as I keep a tight watch on stock)

Something similar was posted in the V8 forum http://community.actinic.com/showthr...t=37259&page=2 but I couldn't see any resolution...

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
    ActiveStock
    On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
    **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
    Free 30 Day Trial
    ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Hi,

The only things that I can see that will add stock back onto a product is deleting a pending order or cancelling a line item within an order - do you do either of these?
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Very occasionally, but I always keep an eye on the stock added back on... It certainly wouldn't explain the huge errors that have occured!
      ActiveStock

ActiveStock website
      Free 30 Day Trial
      ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

This could be difficult to track down without knowing specifically when the stock is going so wrong. Do you know if it is happening over a long period of time, ie have you noticed a specific stock level one day and then the next it is huge, or maybe knew what the stock level was last month and now it is way out? Do you use the import function to add/update products?
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey for getting back to me, I don't use the import function to update/ add products. I'll just have to keep a close eye and see if I can see it happening...!
          ActiveStock

ActiveStock website
          Free 30 Day Trial

Comment

Working...
          X