Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom Navigation Bars on Products

Hi,

At the bottom of each Product page there is a navigation bar which shows the Section of products i.e. 'Axles, Fixings and Stub Axle Spacers' and then when you click on 'Axles - Solid and Hollow' (which is in the Section 'Axles, Fixings and Stub Axle Spacers ') this navigation bar shows the following

Main Store > Axles, Fixings and Stub Axle Spacers > Axles - Solid and Hollow

Can you tell me what the name of this Variable is ?

Regards,
    Robin
    Robin Antill - Fan of Actinic.https://community.sellerdeck.com/cor...lies/smile.gif My Site 1st Choice Leisure Buildings

ParentSectionListBottom (compact parent section list) is usually the Layout.

Comment

Thank you for that.

Where can I find this Variable?

I went to Design and then Library and then Variables but I am unable to find it.

I want to create a new variable the same as ParentSectionListBottom but without the URL links. (I was hoping that I could creat a copy and then edit the links out)

Regards,
      Robin
      Robin Antill - Fan of Actinic.https://community.sellerdeck.com/cor...lies/smile.gif My Site 1st Choice Leisure Buildings

Comment

Click on it in the design tab and you will see the layout that brings it in, you can then open up the layout to see its contents. Although what you are trying to achieve is anyones guess. What's the point of a breadcrumb trail that doesn't link?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          What's the point of a breadcrumb trail that doesn't link?
          Breadcrumbs are designed to be clicked, users are very used to this concept, be careful about implementing something which will annoy / confuse users

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi,
            Thanks for your replies. What I am trying to do is to use the Products Section names and their Siblings in the meta-desciptions and not use it as a BREADCRUMB trail.

I need to know what the actual variable name is for SECTION and also PRODUCTS

Main Store > SECTION> PRODUCTS

I.e. I will create a meta description in my layout and by using the Actinic variables SECTION and PRODUCTS will end up with a differnet meta-description for each product.

I.E.
            meta-description will be as follows:

Jones Butchers offer a full range of SAUSAGES in PORK CHIPOLATA flavours. Jones SAUSAGES - renown for their taste

Jones Butchers offer a full range of BEEF in SCOTTISH HIGHLAND flavours. Jones BEEF - renown for their taste

I do know in an ideal world every meta-description should be written separately and this may evolve as time permits. My option will give a different meta-description for each PRODUCT by utilising the SECTION and PRODUCTS names.

Can anyone tell me what the name of the Variables are for SECTION and PRODUCTS ? These are used in ParentSectionListBottom or is it not as simple as that?

Regards,
            Robin

Comment

I don't think using that is going to work the way you want it.

You could look at the SiteMap layout and incorporate some blockif to test the current section (thissection) and its siblings ... depending on the number of siblings this could get very messy.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi,
                Thanks for that, however, do you know if SECTION> PRODUCTS are in fact actual Variables, and if so, what are they called, or are they generated by Actinic?
                Regards,
                Robin

Comment

I don't believe these are accessible variables and, like products ans sections, are generated on the fly when the page is created.

What Jont mentioned regarding testing (blocking) the sitemap may work but would be very complicated. You could probably write an excel macro to do it on a catalog export, then reimport.

Comment

Hi,
                    Thanks for all your help. It seemed like a good idea in principle.
                    Regards,
                    Robin

Comment

Originally posted by robinantill View Post
                      Hi,
                      Thanks for that, however, do you know if SECTION> PRODUCTS are in fact actual Variables, and if so, what are they called, or are they generated by Actinic?
                      Regards,
                      Robin
                      Try using SectionPageName and SectionName, if you have SPP setup, that should give you what you need (i think).

Comment

I think it will depend how 'deep' the sections are.

Comment

Working...
                        X