Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost Price Field in 9.0.3 - Actinic Answer Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost Price Field in 9.0.3 - Actinic Answer Please?

Can someone from Actinic please confirm whether the cost price field is going to be made available to the layouts in 9.0.3 as mentioned/promised. I have a build waiting for 9.0.3 so it can go live, where the customer has already filled out the cost price field with RRP (revolutionary I agree ) in anticipation of this being made available.

Can you also confirm what the name of the variable will be?

Muchas Grassy Arse

I've created a new variable called ProductPriceRRP on the prices tab. A pain in the arse, but hopefully when RRP field is introducted, I will be able to map the values across using data export/import. Perhaps you could export then import to a new variable to get around this in the event Actinic pull the plug at the last minute?

Comment

did you see my Actihack?

http://community.actinic.com/showpos...0&postcount=21

...for usage in the mean time.

Comment

I already have an RRP variable i have set up myself so we could confirm on how things looked during the build, so i have that as backup like you say. I am just hoping that they will keep to what they said about this variable, open it up to the layouts and make it useful to the masses and not the very small minority as it is currently.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe View Post
          did you see my Actihack?

http://community.actinic.com/showpos...0&postcount=21

...for usage in the mean time.
          Cheers Gabe, i do recall reading that yes, but i'm trying to hand over a site today, with all in place for the tomorrow. This build has been like walking through a forest fire with a petrol impregnated coat made of tissue paper.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            walking through a forest fire with a petrol impregnated coat made of tissue paper.
            Nice analagy - It would be good to actually see this all sorted, but as with the rest i use the variable these days and it works well.

Comment

The only real benefit in using the real cost price variable is that it is then saved as part of the order details following a purchase. This means that additional possibilites exist for sales reporting - so long as you have a report able to take advantage of it that is.

I think the name of the variable should have been 'secondary price' or something rather than 'cost price' as this infers that you have the ability to report on cost of sales, which is more complex than just having an extra variable.

Comment

Also the ability to raise a purchase order, oh dont i wish

Comment

Ideally there should be 3 fields available as standard:

1. selling price
                  2. cost price
                  3. rsp

That would allow better reporting (Actinic should write a report as standard) on profitability and allow better presentation for the selling (rsp)... with only "selling price" being compulsory.

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Actinic should dump crystal reports and allow the exporting of certain fields so you can pull these into excel and construct your own analysis

Comment

Crystal is far more powerful for this kind of thing - it is a stunning piece of kit for reporting on databases.

Bikster

Comment

I agree Jont, but it is not user friendly for most people and is a version that is sooo old you cant really get it anymore.

Obviously if you have a new version you could construct your own from the DB

Comment

Actinic should dump crystal reports and allow the exporting of certain fields so you can pull these into excel and construct your own analysis
                          You can query the actinic database from within excel. That's how I do all my stock control and reporting.

Mike
                          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Personally I don't think Actinic is the medium for profit reporting - I think that's better done in accounting software.

It's hard enough working with stock mangement in Actinic without the added complication of tracking the cost price of each unit.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                              Personally I don't think Actinic is the medium for profit reporting
                              I agree - I go so far as removing the MOTO from v9 and always bypass ordering - but as Actinic want to make their software as integrated as possible for small business offering this is surely a step forward (with the option to remove / ignore if not required)

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                              X