quick Q about customer accounts on a wholesale website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick Q about customer accounts on a wholesale website

I've been reading the knowledge base & threads on here about customer accounts but I still have a couple of Qs.

I'm moving one of our wholesale websites into v9 business. I have it set up so that log-in is required for shop entry. Does this setting allow non-logged in customers to view the front page/brochure pages etc? At what point are people prompted to log-in?

I don't want a retail group, we don't set RRPs & this is a trade only site so I have renamed this default group UK trade customers as they are on my standard pricing. I then have other groups for foreign customers, wholesalers etc. Does this sound right?

Thanks all

Christina,

That sounds absolutely fine. With the option for log on on shop entry, customers will be required to log in to view store pages but can view brochure pages and the store top page. If you do not want anyone other than your trade customers to be able to buy, in 'Settings | Business Settings | Customer Login and Ordering' make sure to uncheck 'Allow orders from Unregistered Customers' as well as the repeat orders option below it. This will remove the link that appears below the login option that states 'if you do not have an account click here to continue'.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King, Mole End Software Support
    Integrated label paper for Actinic A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels.
    One Stop Automation Automate Actinic. Mole End Automation works while you play.
    Mole End Product Mash for Actinic A suite of marketing feeds for your Actinic Store

Actinic Upgrade and Design Service

Comment

thanks Bruce

Comment

Working...
      X